Unidentified Nazi flag/banner

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
j19w78d

Unidentified Nazi flag/banner

Post by j19w78d » 24 May 2020, 00:33

I apologize for asking questions without any images to provide, but recently I acquired a Nazi flag from an antiques and collectables store. Supposedly was brought back from WWII from a man's grandfather that sold two flags and other third reich items. It measures 38 1/2 inches long x 27 inches wide. The circle is stitched on with a printed swastika. The flag is also single sided with a metal ring sewn into each corner. I do have pictures but I couldn't upload them to the forum. So were they printing on flags back then or is it maybe an old repro? The store I bought it from said they had someone attest to their authenticity. I was wanting to know that and what it was used for it is a real one. Thank you for looking and stay safe.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Unidentified Nazi flag/banner

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 25 May 2020, 06:09

Flags with that construction was done during the TR era. Of course witouth pics my opinion means squat.But it sounds legit, as I have had piles of these one sided, small sized with sewn rondwl and printed swaz. with ring mounts

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”