Regrets militaria sales:

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Hans1906
Banned

Regrets militaria sales:

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Jan 2022, 16:41

My grandmother had a very close friend from the Berlin area, the young lady was one of the secretaries of Hermann Göring in the then RLM in Berlin.

The lady lived to be close to 100 years old, and she left me some pieces from her years before 1945.

She was a personal guest at the wedding of Göring and Sonnemann in 1935.
A personal letter of invitation, a very large seating plan measuring about 50 by 80 centimeters, and a very exclusive menu card with the Göring coat of arms embossed in gold were given to me.

Unfortunately, I sold these unique documents many decades ago to a world-renowned collector of historical menus from Scandinavia.

The price obtained at that time was very high, today, a good 30 years later, the price would be only pocket money, compared to today's prices for such documents.
The Lady I.H. (1916-2011) passed away at the age of 95 years, she still rode her bicycle and her "Volkswagen" in her late 90s years of age. :wink:

Hans

P.S. If I remember it right, I still have some scans of the menu of that time in my archives, maybe later on....
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Regrets militaria sales:

Post by Hans1906 » 05 Jan 2022, 00:02

If any of you are interested in the lady's maiden name, please private message me.

I also have the lady's obituary from 2011 as a digital copy.

You will understand, that one cannot post everything and anything in a public internet forum.

You should let the dead rest, that's how I learned it.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”