questions on items I found. (flags,etc)

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
sauze

questions on items I found. (flags,etc)

Post by sauze » 13 May 2002 07:01

I recently moved into a very old house that belonged to a german family. this family left many items behind and payed me to have them removed. As I rooted through the so-called junkpiles i came across a bag filled with what i thought were rags. turned out to be two swastika flags one is about 2 1/2 X 4ft and has a tag on it that reads"Gadesberger Fahnenfabrik OTTO MUELLER Bad Godesber/Rheinland" the other flag is larger with no tag.both flags are in great shape no tears, stains, very little discoloring there are some other items in this lot. I am working on pics for you and will have them asap.but I am curios what the tag translates and the worth of the items .thanks in advance for any help. reply here or marksauze@hotmail.com

sauze

Post by sauze » 13 May 2002 07:20

from the info i have been gathering since posting the correct name of these flags are NSDAP party flags. I will have pics if anyone is interested.
thanks. Sauze

Gwynn Compton

Post by Gwynn Compton » 13 May 2002 09:59

Indeed I am interested, what else did you find in there?

sauze

Post by sauze » 13 May 2002 21:58

I found two other items. The first is a set of stainless steel or aluminum eating utenciles,(spoon, fork knife,) they all slide into a slotted can opener to stay put. The can opener is engraved with the eagle above the swastika with serial numbers 500, the knife is number 501, the spoon is engraved with the number 1089, and the fork is number 2089. The second item is a small yellow parachute 5 foot in diameterit has a stamp on it (not very legible) all i can read is gs8. my guess is it is made of silk material with no tears at all. It is in great shape also.
thanks again.

Siegfried Wilhelm
Location: Kleinkleckersdorf, NC, Confederate States of America

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 18 Jun 2002 14:25

I'd be interested in the eating set that slides into the can opener if they have the eagles on them. Let me know what you want for the set.
Thanks.

Siegfried Wilhelm
Location: Kleinkleckersdorf, NC, Confederate States of America

Post by Siegfried Wilhelm » 18 Jun 2002 20:51

I'm answering myself here with an apology. I had just spent the previous half hour on the 'Buy/sell' list and then transfered over here. I guess I just forgot myself when I saw the comment regarding the eating set.
As it happens I am interested in those eating sets as I have several, but here is not the place to ask to buy.
You are asking for information about them so I can, at least, tell you that there are several different types of them and some even with Luftwaffe eagle markings too. Most of them are stainless steel, and some not too good a quality though, and they will rust anyway. A few are aluminum, but these are scarcer. Very often with the steel kinds the knife is not marked in any way.
The different types are by the way they fasten together--I don't think one is scarcer than another. It is very common to see mismatched sets together--which was why I was interested in your set..it had come 'right out of the attic' and seemed to be a mismatched set.
To answer your next question they are worth about $50.00 US.

Again, I am sorry I forgot I wasn't on the 'dealing' list there. :oops:

sauze

Post by sauze » 29 Jun 2002 02:06

I dont have a digi camera, but if you are interested I will find one to borrow and post some pics.
thank you for your interest.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”