Honour Ring

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
KeithC

Honour Ring

Post by KeithC » 23 Jan 2023, 22:14

Hi
I have an Honour Ring that’s been handed down to me by my dad who served with the Para’s in WWII.

The ring has obviously been well worn and is dated 20.4.37 but the name is faint. It looks like Ober or Odet but can’t be sure

How can I confirm the ring is real and who the owner was? Are there sites where you can access this information?

Not sure how to upload picture so apologies

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Honour Ring

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 24 Jan 2023, 03:22

KeithC wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 22:14
Hi
I have an Honour Ring that’s been handed down to me by my dad who served with the Para’s in WWII.

The ring has obviously been well worn and is dated 20.4.37 but the name is faint. It looks like Ober or Odet but can’t be sure

How can I confirm the ring is real and who the owner was? Are there sites where you can access this information?

Not sure how to upload picture so apologies
well, without pics NO site will offer opinions,here you have to go to attachment tab add filke from your PC tp upload..Howeber, most likelt your ring is not real, as I read posts like yuors quite often on various fourums.

KeithC

Post by KeithC » 24 Jan 2023, 09:40

Here are a couple of photos
Attachments
rsz_e86ea93a-3c6a-4834-b1a8-1b6883efa1f3.jpg
rsz_52c6feaf-495d-4b5b-8714-bf74e2498ac6.jpg

KeithC

Post by KeithC » 13 Feb 2023, 20:20

Hi not had any pick up on my photos and just wondering if anyone has any views good or bad on it?

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 13 Feb 2023, 23:16

The recurring topic, I don't see any experts on this topic here in this forum, only guesses and conjectures.

I knew a Polish gold and silversmith who could make all this perfectly more than 40 years ago.
And as far as I know, the old gentleman is still very active in this area, a Polish emigrant.

Already in the 1980s, the man made 925 sterling silver stuff for my motorcycle shop, in the highest possible quality, we made a lot of money with it back then...

Nothing is impossible, accept it! :wink:
The good craftsman made his money, and not only with the rings of honor of the SS, you can count on that. :wink:

One of the very few experts from Poland, he never spoke about his sources, but his works are traded worldwide at exorbitant prices, as "originals"...

West German money was tight then, and Polish jewelers earned their laurels with such reproductions.

And the reproductions were perfect, without a doubt.

The Ordinaries for a Knight's Cross were offered for less than 300,- DM, the certificates were free of charge, perfectly forged.
You have to consider how much 300.- German marks meant in Poland at the time, half a fortune.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”