Heer Dagger Pcitures(morgenbrod) Please Help

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
theblueofnoon

Heer Dagger Pcitures(morgenbrod) Please Help

Post by theblueofnoon » 13 Jul 2002 08:16

Hello a few days ago I posted a message asking about a Heer Dagger I own that has the name morgenbrod inscribed on it. I took some pictures and was wondering if anyone could help out with the name on it. thanks, adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 13 Jul 2002 09:13

Hmmm...I don't really like the shape of the letters, that type of letter pattern does not look to be what would be seen on a Reich piece....

British Free Corp Mann

Post by British Free Corp Mann » 13 Jul 2002 17:10

I agree Ben ,that kind of letttering I have never seen on Nazi blades.
A theory is........ maybe post war the family of the owner [doubt the owner as he would not be wanting to deface it]had the name engraved on as a keepsake ? maybe then gave it to the soldier as a 'surprise' ?
Surely no one would be stupid nough to deface an otherwise good looking Army in the hope of adding value???
Mind when you see some of these idiots selling on Ebay I w :? :cry: ould'nt be surprised!!

theblueofnoon

Post by theblueofnoon » 14 Jul 2002 06:52

My theory on it is that 1. it is a post war engraving by the original or not original owner, of their last name. 2. Is that it may be a jewelers engraving that was made pre-1945-adam

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 14 Jul 2002 07:32

Your first theory is probaly a good one.

Bret van Sant
Location: 1st star to the right then straight on 'till morning

Post by Bret van Sant » 14 Jul 2002 14:50

SOME REMARKS I MADE TO ADAM ON THIS WERE, I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF ENGRAVED PIECES AND NOT TO JUMP THE GUN QUICK ON THIS ENGRAVING. ITS NOT CENTERED ON THE BLADE, WHICH DOESNT MEAN MUCH. ADAM IF THE DARK SPOTS TOWARD THE END OF THE NAME GO INTO THE ENGRAVED AREAS ON THE LETTERS THEN IT WOULD BE A SIGN THAT AT LEAST ITS NOT A RECENT JOB. AS I SAID ITS NOT A PIECE I WOULD BE ASHAMED TO OWN. ANY HISTORY YOU CAN PROVIDE FROM THE SEELER?

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”