Metal detector finds

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
KarlReissman

Re: Metal detector finds

Post by KarlReissman » 13 Aug 2013 16:36

I often wonder, when those green idiots clean up Lappland perfectly? All is "rubbish" and scrap iron.....everything what goes to waste land, is like the evidence of the past.

:?
"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."

Erwin Rommel

Lappland

Post by Lappland » 13 Aug 2013 19:04

Yep. And the most annoying thing is that they only "clear" war stuff. They leave car wrecks and refrigerators behind. I have seen few places they "cleared".

janise koestner

Post by janise koestner » 14 Aug 2013 03:44

What is the most precious thing you guys find? Show out your best metal detector finds.

RCFantom

Post by RCFantom » 17 Dec 2017 16:28

Need Help Identifying this item...It was discovered photographed, and replaced in an area in France north of Bitsche. I have recovered several of them and suspect that they are part of a rocket Firing system, just cannot identify them. In this filed during the war, there was fighting between the French and German units, and in late of 1944, the US 44th ID was in front-line fighting with the 17th & 19th PanzerGrenadier Divisions.

I am the Owner of these Photographs...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”