British Union of Fascists militaria

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Atomvinter

Union Movement Badge

Post by Atomvinter » 28 Feb 2005, 21:25

So the Union Movement Badge badge from 1981 is NOT a reproductions then.
How many are you planning to sell?

"They are finished in lustrous enamel and have the broach style pin and silver back with the makers stamp of ‘Abbey Supplies’ or the more common blank back finish."

How many has the stamp Abby Supplies?
If I want order I want to order one with the stamp " Abby Supplies" How do I do then?

regards
Rallanboy

Relics

Union Movement Badges

Post by Relics » 28 Feb 2005, 22:09

In answer to your question. The gentleman who ordered and had the badges made owned a company called 'Abbey Supplies' which was I believe a direct decendant of the original B.U Limited Company. At the time in 1981 no company would accept orders for products from any Mosley type political organization in the U.K. It is only in the last 15 years that people have started to have reasonable dialogues about Mosley without it turning into a fight. In answer to your second question I have about 85 badges. Out of that number about 50% have 'Abbey Supplies' on the back and the rest are blank or have a small space for a membership number to be engraved. Union Movement was still around until the early 1990. My last membership card, membership number 31,256 was dated 1987 so my friend what would that make the badge..........

Menachem

Copy tunics etc

Post by Menachem » 28 Feb 2005, 22:15

Hi Relics

Could you possibly post photos of your copy belt & buckles and also Black shirt tunics ??

I'm sure collecters would like to have a close-up look at these items, and also from your point of view it would be good advertising.

Regards

Relics

Hello All You Fellow BUF'ers

Post by Relics » 28 Feb 2005, 22:24

More than happy to do that for you guys. We are just uploading then on the site at present and have discovered black is the worst thing to photograph! I will be adding cuff links, flags and I will arrange a picture of a pile of belts that should make everyone happy. The Action Press tunics have been the hardest thing since the buttons are so rare. We based the size on a pre-war British Army button but if anyone has any ideas let me know. Our contact details appear on the site.

helmsman

Copies items

Post by helmsman » 06 Mar 2005, 15:29

If people want to obtain copy B.U.F. items here is a link to a political group which is selling copy armbands, badges and flags.

http://www.n9s.org/shopflags2.shtml

Relics

Wow!

Post by Relics » 06 Mar 2005, 18:21

I just looked at that site. Its definately political but very interesting. Very well put together but I only saw a couple of BUF items. I guess I am not alone in this market.

helmsman

Another supplier

Post by helmsman » 06 Mar 2005, 18:35

I've just been told that a company called Steven Books are selling a small 1/2" enamel copy of the B.U.F. flash & circle badge in three colours. I understand they are connected with the 'League of St George'. I've not been able to find web sites of either.

Relics

Badges!

Post by Relics » 06 Mar 2005, 19:36

There are so many people doing badges! I am sure that my ones are pretty good but I have seen some other nice badges done by an Italian company a few years ago. Anyone got any thoughts on the size of Action Press buttons that appeared on the 1936 Action Press tunics? I have been thinking of doing them but I have never seen one close up so. Shirt pictures will be up on the site on friday. Sorry about the delay but this is a hobby not a business!!

helmsman

Action Press uniform

Post by helmsman » 07 Mar 2005, 11:47

Relics.

Sorry can't help you with the size of the jacket buttons, I've only seen them in the MMIB book.

I would think it would be very difficult to reproduce a convincing 'Action Press' uniform without spending ££££'s. Not only are the buttons a problem but an embroidered cap badge is needed, most difficult of all would be the grey riding breeches with stripe. Also of course a uniform belt with a fasces on the buckle would be required.

You have got to acheive all the above and still sell the uniform at a profit.

Relics

Costs!

Post by Relics » 07 Mar 2005, 13:31

Funny enough the caps are easy. The rest of it is pretty cheap since when I do stuff I usually make about 100 or so of one item and I look to make about 10% on anything since this is only a hobby. To make the buttons including the tooling and assuming the jacket has 10 buttons - 4 on the pockets and 6 on the tunic the total cost would be about $7000 or about $70 per set. The tunic and breeches with tailoring would cost maybe $300 per pair we use a very good company in India that use to make the uniforms for the British army before independence in 1947! The cap badge is just embroidered on cloth and then stitched to a black cap so that would be about $50 with the cap and the badge. The belts we make so all I would have to do is replace the 'Flash & Circle' two pin assembly with a 'fasces' two pin assembly which we have in stock. The rest was owner supplied such as shirt and tie and riding boots. So it would cost about $500 retail. The real problem is who is going to buy a 100 sets of this outfit! Someone was king enough to email me that the buttons were the same size as a british army button. Any one know how big is a british army button?

Relics

B.U.F Shirt

Post by Relics » 12 Mar 2005, 18:22

Enjoy! Check the website after sunday and you can order the shirts I even have added a sizing chart!
Attachments
BU. Shirt.jpg
BU. Shirt.jpg (5.83 KiB) Viewed 10256 times

Relics

New Arm Band For Type 1935 Shirts

Post by Relics » 12 Mar 2005, 19:42

Hello All:

Just thought I would add a jpeg of the new armband or brassard to match the 1935 type shirt. I will add the belts and buckles in the next few days. Hope you enjoy these and thank you for all your enquiries and kind emails of support. It really does shorten the dreary New York winters!

Relics

Action Press

Post by Relics » 16 Mar 2005, 18:08

Anyone have an idea about the breeches on AP Uniforms. I have seen them with red, white and blue stripes on the side. Anyone have any thoughts?

helmsman

New armband

Post by helmsman » 17 Mar 2005, 12:58

Hi

Do you mean that you have put a picture of a new armband on this site, as nothing has appeared.

I've just had a look in the MMIB book and it mentions a black stripe down the seam of the 'Action Press' breeches, having a red, white and blue stripe sounds a bit showy !

Relics

Belt Buckle

Post by Relics » 31 Mar 2005, 17:51

OK here is the belt plate. Still having probs up loading pictures. Email me and I will send and you can upload for me!!
Attachments
beltbuckle.jpg
beltbuckle.jpg (84.82 KiB) Viewed 10155 times

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”