Calgary Military and Antique Show

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Indra Ross

Calgary Military and Antique Show

Post by Indra Ross » 01 Apr 2002, 04:05

Went to the show at the Dome this weekend, saw some Third Reich items mainly medals, books and Armbands. Bought an SS medal and lots of books. There seem to be a lot of repos being sold as originals there.

The hilite of my evening was going to the Legion to join two gentleman, one who was in the Hitler Youth, the other fellow was a drummer in the Hitler Youth and later on a serviceman on a U-Boat.

I hope to see them again.

Indra :D :D :D

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 01 Apr 2002, 13:29

Glad to hear you found something you like at this Military Show.
It is too bad military shows aren't vetted like some antigue shows
for authenticty. People maybe more eager to buy without hesitation
if they knew there were not repro's everywhere.

How lucky you were to have the opportunity to meet the
two German veterans. I wonder though what they thought
of the show? Hope you are able to keep contact ;-))

Annelie

ps. were they now living in Canada?

don

Post by don » 01 Apr 2002, 14:09

Mrs Spitfire
How did you make out returning some items you got at last show?

don

Indra Ross

Calgary Military Show

Post by Indra Ross » 02 Apr 2002, 04:05

Annelie,
You are right, I am so scared to buy any medal without doing my homework. The two German gentlemen I met do live in Canada now, one called me yesterday and the other one would like me to go out with him and his daughter soon to the Legion. They were quite funny, everytime they bought up a topic about the war and I put in my two cents worth, they just look at each other and said 'she really knows this stuff' made me feel quite good.
Please keep in touch, I am so glad to meet another female on the forum.

Don,
Glad to say that the vendor took it back without a hassle, he used some choice words when referring to the guy that he originally bought the medal from, but he was quite good about refunding the money. I did show him my back-up research as well.
There is a big show coming in July, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Indra

Ant!

Post by Ant! » 02 Apr 2002, 08:16

please let us know when the next show is in Calgary. There's one in Vancouver I believe next weekend

Ciao

Indra Ross

Military Show

Post by Indra Ross » 03 Apr 2002, 03:57

Hi Karl,

Let me know how the show in Vancouver turns out, there is a big show in Calgary (not a gun show but an antique show) at the Calgary Olympic Park. Its on July 13 & 14, there is usually quite a bit of military miscellaneous at these shows, let me know if you will be attending.

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

NOTHERN BUDDIES

Post by WCSTUMP » 03 Apr 2002, 06:40

Do you guys and gals know Frank Grant? He is a Canadian dealer who has some nice items from time to time. He travels down to Kentucky for the OVMS shows and the Show of Shows in Louisville each year. The last time I visited Canada was to collect from a crook who tried the cheat this old Hillbilly. He lived across the river from Royal Oak, MI in Windsor, Ontario. I caused such a commotion collecting my money that I am not welcome in Canada anymore or I would come up and visit with you at some of your shows.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 04 Apr 2002, 01:07

I don't know or heard of Frank Grant but I am concerned about the crook as you say that lives in Windsor, Ontario.
Hope I don't buy anything from this individual if his reputation is what you say.

Annelie

Indra Ross

Hi Hilbily Bill

Post by Indra Ross » 04 Apr 2002, 04:54

Out west I have not heard of this man, but I will keep his name in mind just in case I come across the crook. Let me know if I can give him a kick in the shin for you. :D :D

Indra

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”