Himmler SS dager

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
william matchett

Himmler SS dager

Post by william matchett » 02 Oct 2002, 21:53

I was shown a dagger which had a damascus pattern blade with the SS logo on one side together with a facsimile of Himmlers name. The other side of the blade had dulled gold writing with oak leaves and an acorn attahed to them each side of it. The unseen part of the blade which holds the handle has a stamp '1936'. The handle is black wood with the SS sign and seperate eagle on a swastika. The cross pieces are ornate with oak leaf and acorn patterns. The scabbord is black with a middle piece of silver metal. I only had yhe item on show for a few moments and no doubt I have left out some detail. I will be returning to the elderly gentleman whom I know fought in WW2 in a number of theaters with the intention of taking a few snaps, if allowed!

I looked at a number of websites but cannot find anything the same, however there is something similar on German daggers web site on the home page ie. the large unsheathed dagger standig upright.

Can anyone help on the subject as my interest is mainly medals etc but I am facinated by this one.

Billy

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”