GRAND CROSS FOR CIVILIAN WEAR 1914 EBAY SPECIAL

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
WCSTUMP
In memoriam

GRAND CROSS FOR CIVILIAN WEAR 1914 EBAY SPECIAL

Post by WCSTUMP » 17 Oct 2002, 20:56

When I thought I had heard and seen it all I come across this item on ebay. Below is the description the seller "germilitaria" put on this fake.

Grand Cross (Grosskreuz) of 1914
Hollow iron centre of lightweight construction, silver frame, laterally soldered wire eyelet. 57.5 x 57.5mm, 27 g. Produced during the 1920s-30s. This piece corresponds to the "Zweitstueck" worn by Field Marshal von Hindenburg (compare to the piece shown in Nimmergut's handbook, Vol. 2, Nr. 2543). Conspicuous are the lightweight construction of the centre and the prominent three-dimensional crown on both sides. Not an awarded piece, but of a type that would have been used in everyday wear, possibly with civilian clothing. The variant form of the eyelet and ring indicate that this piece was not made for wear around the neck, but rather through a buttonhole on a piece of ribbon. An extremely rare Grand Cross from the Weimar period.

I accept most online payment options, money order, or personal check payments. Payment must be made within 3 days after the close of the auction. I offer a 3 day return if item is not as I've described it. For check payments, the check must be from a US bank before I ship. If you have any questions, please ask them before you make your bid. GOOD LUCK!
Attachments
grosskreuz_1914_obverse.jpg
grosskreuz_1914_obverse.jpg (50.18 KiB) Viewed 986 times

WCSTUMP
In memoriam

FROM THE FUHRER OF FANTASYLAND

Post by WCSTUMP » 17 Oct 2002, 21:02

If one believes in the tooth fairy they will "L O V E" this great Ebay Special.

Iron Cross 2nd Class of 1813
All silver construction, 38x38 mm. Private or unofficial issue with the year of production "1830" engraved on the obverse and "F.W.K.V.P." (for Friedrich Wilhelm, King of Prussia) on the reverse. Much of the original black coating, especially on the obverse, was removed in the past. Accompanied by three sections of original 32mm iron cross ribbon. An extremely interesting and absolutely contemporary example, most likely produced as a substitute for wear in lieu of the awarded piece, the distribution of which could be delayed for a period of more than ten years due to the limitations of the original manufacturing process. An important addition to the serious Iron Cross collection.

I accept most online payment options, money order, or personal check payments. Payment must be made within 3 days after the close of the auction. I offer a 3 day return if item is not as I've described it. For check payments, the check must be from a US bank before I ship. If you have any questions, please ask them before you make your bid. GOOD LUCK!
Attachments
iron cross ek2_1830_closeup_three.jpg
iron cross ek2_1830_closeup_three.jpg (49.6 KiB) Viewed 973 times

paddywhack

Post by paddywhack » 23 Oct 2002, 13:56

god i think im going to be sick 8O 8O 8O 8O now i think i HAVE seen it all!!!!!!!!!!!! the top on is your standard ek2nd and the bottom one hhmmm :roll: :? i think crap is the best word to call it but you know some fool will come along think its what it say it is and spend hard earned cash on well as they say a fool and his money are easyaly(?) parted!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”