Reichskriegsflagge Question

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
gridbug

Reichskriegsflagge Question

Post by gridbug » 20 Oct 2002, 02:32

I just inherited a Reichskriegsflagge (1935-1945). It is large (200x335cm) and in pretty good condition with a few small moth (or something) holes. It also bears a Kriegsmarine stamp.

It looks just like the third flag from the bottom on this page:
http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/milit ... ensign.htm

I was wondering what the value of a flag like this is worth (for insurance purposes).

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to store it to best preserve it?

TIA,
Brent

dasboot

Post by dasboot » 20 Oct 2002, 16:56

Depending on the condition of the flag, I would value it in the range of $300-500 US. I collect flags and banners and have approx. 4 right now and also came upon asking the same question as to how to properly store them. If you look under storage tips in various militaria, I bet you will find what you are looking for.

I store my flags by taking muslin and rolling it up to a tube-like structure. I then roll the flag around it loosely being careful to avoid any creases. If it needs to be further bend to fit into a container, I wrap the area that needs to be folded.

Hope this helps.

gridbug

Post by gridbug » 02 Nov 2002, 07:03

Thanks for the storage tips 8)

I had been rooting around the web to try to figure out the worth and had seen prices like that for the smaller flags, but this one is huge. I did not find any for sale that were 3.35x2 meters. Does this make much of a difference?

dasboot

Post by dasboot » 03 Nov 2002, 00:56

I'm not sure of the price guide for larger flags, but can say that it wont make a big difference. It might actually be harder to sell since it's not in a displayable size. I would love to see some pics if possible.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”