Soviet pullout from Manchuria

Discussions on all aspects of China, from the beginning of the First Sino-Japanese War till the end of the Chinese Civil War. Hosted by YC Chen.
sarhang

Soviet pullout from Manchuria

Post by sarhang » 12 Dec 2012, 08:53

I am interested in the circumstances of the Soviet withdrawal from Machuria in 1946. I understand it was in the April of that year, but could anyone please provide some specifics or links?
Another question: who was in power in Manchuria in 1946-48. From what I have read, during the Soviet presence the land was infiltrated by Mao men who came unarmed but were handed out guns from the local arsenals. Would it be possible to have some details?

YC Chen
Host - Allied sections

Re: Soviet pullout from Manchuria

Post by YC Chen » 15 Dec 2012, 10:35

I found something that maybe interested to you when I was in the library this morning looking for something totally different...

It is an article which mentioned some very interesting detail on how the Soviets helped equipped Communists-led troops with captured Japanese and Manchukoan weapons and equipments. The most interesting part is that they handed over Manchukuo workers' unifrom(which were black) to the Communists who used them as army uniform, so the local people called them "the 8RA in black".

Will translate some more details when I have more time.

sarhang

Re: Soviet pullout from Manchuria

Post by sarhang » 15 Dec 2012, 21:09

Thank you, YC Chen.

Return to “China at War 1895-1949”