German Army Advisers In Combat Against The Japanese

Discussions on all aspects of China, from the beginning of the First Sino-Japanese War till the end of the Chinese Civil War. Hosted by YC Chen.
Edward L. Hsiao

German Army Advisers In Combat Against The Japanese

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 27 Apr 2019 02:43

Although the German Army Advisers' jobs were to supervise the organization of the Chinese Nationalist Army,they were known to see heavy combat against the Japanese Army using their small arms,machine guns,cannons,etc. Sometimes the Germans would lead Chinese Nationalist Soldiers on raids on Japanese positions. This took place in the middle of the 1930's during the Sino-Japanese War in China. Does the German Army Advisers teached the use of heavy coastal guns at all to the National Chinese soldiers?

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: German Army Advisers In Combat Against The Japanese

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 29 Apr 2019 03:48

Did the German advisers taught the Chinese Nationalist soldiers of the use of land mines to mine the roads,railways,hills,grassy fields,and coastal areas? Did the German advisers ever sail on Chinese coastal vessels with the Chinese military personal before? Chinese junks included?

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: German Army Advisers In Combat Against The Japanese

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 20 May 2019 07:10

I know that most German advisers that were teaching the Chinese Army hated to leave China. The reason that they were leaving was because of Hitler wanted to have Germany become partners with Japan. China's biggest enemy. Sometimes I wonder if the German advisers were aware of the crimes committed by the Japanese military against humanity in China.

Edward L. Hsiao

Return to “China at War 1895-1949”