Nationalist China - an enemy of the Third Reich?

Discussions on all aspects of China, from the beginning of the First Sino-Japanese War till the end of the Chinese Civil War. Hosted by YC Chen.
Linlu

Nationalist China - an enemy of the Third Reich?

Post by Linlu » 09 Aug 2002, 15:10

Hi all,
Since Nationalist China was fighting against Japan, a member nation of the Axis powers, and they were receiving aid from the Allied powers does it mean that China is unofficially at war with Germany?

Also, did the Chinese acquire license to produce those "stick" grenades, mauser rifles and luger pistols or did they just copy them?

- Linlu :mrgreen:

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 09 Aug 2002, 18:16

You might find this article interesting: "German Military Mission to China 1927-1938" by Arvo L. Vecamer - http://www.feldgrau.com/china.html

/Marcus

Gott

Post by Gott » 09 Aug 2002, 22:33

correcting - http://www.feldgrau.com/china.html
In 1918, China protested that the Versailles Treaty Shangtung paragraphs had no right to transfer the former German possession to Japan. In 1922, Japan relented and China essentially regained most of what the Germans had seized in 1898.
no, japan kept the old German interests after WWI. china did not, sadly...

Germans regarded China with high regards and so did the Chinese to Germans. imperial China favored Germany the most than any other country...

Only german schools accepted chinese students, that is really great. unlike those English who treat the Chinese like slaves...

Gott

Post by Gott » 09 Aug 2002, 22:57

i also heard many rumors from germans and chinese that Hitler loved the Chinese. the only reason why he chose to ally with japan was because japan was strong and refusing them was not good to the reich. it was said hitler was very angry when japan invaded eastern china in 1937. but he couldn't do much about it. allying with militarily stong japan was pretty much better with a weaker china. but if i am hitler (hope i am not), i would ally with china. china had a great potential in military if berlin really considered helping with all hands. plus china had a greater economy than japan then, believe or not, china would have let german investments flow like clouds if the reich focused china, an economically strong and a great military potential...

Return to “China at War 1895-1949”