A war movie about the Sino Japanese war

Discussions on all aspects of China, from the beginning of the First Sino-Japanese War till the end of the Chinese Civil War. Hosted by YC Chen.
zstar

A war movie about the Sino Japanese war

Post by zstar » 10 Aug 2005 10:56

Basically it's called Tai Hang Shan Shang or in english Taihang Mountains which is about the 8th route army and Zhu De as well as his alliance with the KuoMinTang and takes place in Pingxingguan Pass, Yangmingbu Japanese air base and Huangtuling mountains of Shanxi and cost about $4.9 million to make. It will be released in China in August 15 in time for
V-J day. It's not Hollywood but it doesn't look bad for a first go.

Some Pictures here
http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/f/zthss/index.html
http://www.g-film.com/hqfilmshow.asp?id=2297

And the trailer here
http://www.g-film.com/film/real/thss_256.ram

asiaticus

distributed outside China?

Post by asiaticus » 29 Aug 2005 22:32

Saw the stills. Looks pretty good.

Any idea if and when its going to get distributed outside China?

kutuzov

Post by kutuzov » 30 Aug 2005 02:50

Much better than any other China's war films,but still a long way ahead if it's to come up with those like BOB or SPR

asiaticus

Post by asiaticus » 30 Aug 2005 03:28

Well I certainly dont expect a Chinese Band of Brothers. That is an American type movie. Just like a British movie or a French or Italian movie is different than an American one, it would be nice to see a Chinese movie about their war, their way.

Windward

Post by Windward » 30 Aug 2005 17:25

A Chinese BOB will definitely be a ridiculous joke for Chinese audiences and big loser of box office.

That movie, Tai Hang Shan Shang, really brought an argue about the rule of CCP and KMT, some people thought it's "negative and counteractant (to CPC or to Chinese)" because Japanese are not so evil in that movie.

asiaticus

Post by asiaticus » 30 Aug 2005 17:57

So it shows whats going on on both sides of the conflict? That would be interesting.

China Defense.com had a lot of good stills from the movie in their military history forum somewhere but I cant find the thread to post its link.

Helmut Von Moltke
Banned

Post by Helmut Von Moltke » 12 Nov 2005 03:49

I have watched it. Its so violent and full of communist propoganda! It also even shows a KMT commander wanting to attack them during the war! I can't believe this..... and the Japnaese in it are typical steroetype ones. :roll:

Return to “China at War 1895-1949”