British only D-Day

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
Richard Anderson

Re: British only D-Day

Post by Richard Anderson » 01 Oct 2017, 23:08

jesk wrote:I nevertheless will deviate from the topic. Do you admit that Hitler made a gross mistake by prohibiting the use of the 15th army in Normandy in June, the first half of July?
Shy away, shy away, shy away... :roll:

First, you need to demonstrate that Hitler prohibited (i.e., that which has been forbidden; banned) "the use of the 15th army in Normandy in June, the first half of July", which might be difficult, since as we know, the 15. Armee did get used in "Normandy" - divisional elements in Calvados and corps elements in Seine Maritime and Eure - and that more and more of 15. Armee was committed as the battle went on.

Oh, and the same applies to the supposed "prohibition" of the elements of 7. Armee from Brittany, 1. Armee from Bordeaux, and 19. Armee from southern France.
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

American Thunder: U.S. Army Tank Design, Development, and Doctrine in World War II
Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall
Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

jesk
Banned

Post by jesk » 01 Oct 2017, 23:14

Richard Anderson wrote:
jesk wrote:I nevertheless will deviate from the topic. Do you admit that Hitler made a gross mistake by prohibiting the use of the 15th army in Normandy in June, the first half of July?
Shy away, shy away, shy away... :roll:

First, you need to demonstrate that Hitler prohibited (i.e., that which has been forbidden; banned) "the use of the 15th army in Normandy in June, the first half of July", which might be difficult, since as we know, the 15. Armee did get used in "Normandy" - divisional elements in Calvados and corps elements in Seine Maritime and Eure - and that more and more of 15. Armee was committed as the battle went on.

Oh, and the same applies to the supposed "prohibition" of the elements of 7. Armee from Brittany, 1. Armee from Bordeaux, and 19. Armee from southern France.
You have many sources. Could you give a comparison of the divisions involved in the Normandy battles to the total number of German divisions in the west. For example, June 15, June 30, July 15?

Richard Anderson

Post by Richard Anderson » 02 Oct 2017, 00:24

jesk wrote:You have many sources. Could you give a comparison of the divisions involved in the Normandy battles to the total number of German divisions in the west. For example, June 15, June 30, July 15?
Why should I do anything when you continue to shy away from the topic and refuse to answer simple questions?
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

American Thunder: U.S. Army Tank Design, Development, and Doctrine in World War II
Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall
Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 02 Oct 2017, 01:31

This thread is going nowhere, so it's locked.

Return to “What if”