Japan delays Pearl Harbor, attacks USSR during the high point of Barbarossa

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
Takao

Re: Japan delays Pearl Harbor, attacks USSR during the high point of Barbarossa

Post by Takao » 09 Nov 2019, 16:46

OpanaPointer wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 15:16
And Plan Dog replaced Orange, reflecting the new realities of a two ocean war. http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/pha/misc/dog.html
Well Plan Dog focuses only on the opening phase of the war, and Rainbow 5 does not appear to have an "end game" for the final defeat of Japan.

Orange is the only war plan that gave a thought to an end game of war with Japan.

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 09 Nov 2019, 17:00

Takao wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 16:46
OpanaPointer wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 15:16
And Plan Dog replaced Orange, reflecting the new realities of a two ocean war. http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/pha/misc/dog.html
Well Plan Dog focuses only on the opening phase of the war, and Rainbow 5 does not appear to have an "end game" for the final defeat of Japan.

Orange is the only war plan that gave a thought to an end game of war with Japan.
And, of course, "no plan survives first contact with the enemy."
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Japan Delays Pearl Harbor, Attacks The U.S.S.R. During The High Point Of Barbarossa.

Post by Robert Rojas » 09 Nov 2019, 18:47

Greetings to both brother Opana Pointer and the community as a whole. Howdy O.P.! Well sir, in respect to your installment of Saturday - November 09, 2019 - 7:00am, it is a breath of fresh air to note that there a few folks out here that have any familiarization with the dictums of that great Prussian theoretician Helmuth von Moltke. And yes, whether it be by land, sea or air, NO BATTLE PLAN SURVIVES FIRST CONTACT WITH THE ENEMY. During the "evolution" of this WHAT IF topic, I was really wondering how many of this thread's enlightened armchair generals gave any consideration to this dictum before cavalierly entertaining ANY Japanese ground campaign into the realm of the Soviet Far East. Well, that's my latest two Yankee cents worth on this now hopelessly meandering topic of interest - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in your corner of the SHOW ME State of Missouri.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 09 Nov 2019, 18:53

Without a plan logistics would be feeble or chaotic. This begs the question "Should we be partially prepared or completely unprepared."

I'd go for the one that requires the least amount of work.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Return to “What if”