Alien Space Bats put Hitler's mind into Bismarck's body in 1870

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
Futurist

Alien Space Bats put Hitler's mind into Bismarck's body in 1870

Post by Futurist » 26 Aug 2018, 02:34

What if Alien Space Bats put Hitler's mind (I suppose Hitler's mind from sometime in the 1940s) in Otto von Bismarck's body in 1870?

What would Hitler-Bismarck do afterwards?

T. A. Gardner

Re: Alien Space Bats put Hitler's mind into Bismarck's body in 1870

Post by T. A. Gardner » 26 Aug 2018, 04:10

Germany remains a collection of small states and principalities selling postage stamps in the 1940's...

The EU is even more hosed up than it is today... :D

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Concerns.

Post by Robert Rojas » 26 Aug 2018, 04:46

Greetings to both brother Futurist and the community as a whole. Howdy Futurist (or Alvin Toffler if you so prefer)! Well sir, in deference to your point OR points-of-view as articulated in your introductory posting of Saturday - August 25, 2018 - 4:34pm, old yours truly is of the layman's opinion that you are in dire need of a long over due vacation. I do not know what it is that you do for a living, but it is obvious to old Uncle Bob that you are clearly in need of a break from your daily routine. It's high time that you got out of the rarified air of California for a while. Hit the road and have a marvelous time! Well, that's my initial two cents or pfennigs worth on this topic into the surreal - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in your corner of what was once our Golden State of California.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob 8O :roll: :idea: :|
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

South

Post by South » 26 Aug 2018, 10:20

Good morning T.A. Gardner,

ROFL !

As long as Walt Disney has access to Schloss Neuschweinstein we'll forfeit the stamp collection.

I have a hunch Futurist really is living in Southern California.

~ Bob
eastern Virginia, USA

cc: Sleeping Beauty

Robert Rojas
In memoriam

RE: Alien Space Bats Put Hitler's Mind Into Bismarck's Body In 1870.

Post by Robert Rojas » 26 Aug 2018, 13:28

Greetings to both brother South and the community as a whole. Howdy Bob! Well sir, in respect to your posting of Sunday - August 26, 2018 - 12:20am, old yours truly would be remiss if I did not interject that other worldly culinary delight known as the BISMARCK into this surrealistic topic. Fortunately, at least in terms of the realities of year 1870, I rather suspect that it was the erstwhile bakeries of metropolitan Berlin that were having a decided influence upon the Iron Chancellor's frame of mind and, of course, his waistline. As urban myth and legend would have it, old Otto von Bismarck developed quite a hankering for the local pastry then known as BERLINERS. The BERLINER was and still is that wonderful jelly filled doughnut that would ultimately come to be known as the BISMARCK here in the good old United States of America. In short, the heirs of Walt Disney will never hold a candle to Dunkin Doughnuts. It only goes to prove that it is far better to have a dietary counselling session with Jenny Craig than it is to have a demonic exorcism with your local parish priest. So, was it Alien Space Bats or was it the Prince of Darkness? It's just some speculative food for thought. BERLINERS anyone? Incidentally, like yourself, I also believe that brother Futurist is a resident of what we call the SOUTHLAND. Now you know. Well, that's my latest two cents or pfennigs worth on this exercise into the bizarre - for now anyway. In any case, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day over in the Old Dominion that is the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :) :P :wink: 8-) :thumbsup:
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 26 Aug 2018, 13:41

Hi

If you don't know why this thread was locked then you've not read the WI guidelines etc

Regards

Andy H

Return to “What if”