Hawaii is a British territory in 1941

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: Hawaii is a British territory in 1941

Post by OpanaPointer » 15 Sep 2019, 01:27

Good reasons to own your own stations.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

T. A. Gardner

Re: RE: Hawaii Is A British Territory In Year 1941.

Post by T. A. Gardner » 17 Oct 2019, 21:59

Robert Rojas wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 20:16
Greetings to both brother T.A. Gardner and the community as a whole. Howdy T.A.G.! Well sir, in reference to your posting of Tuesday - September 03, 2019 - 6:02am, old yours truly had been wondering how President Theodore Roosevelt managed to logistically support the movement of his so-called GREAT WHITE FLEET as it circumnavigated the globe between December 16, 1907 and February 22, 1909. So, apart from the outright purchase of coal from diplomatic ports-of-call, did the GREAT WHITE FLEET also have a discreet shadow of naval and commercial COLLIERS following the fleet? I trust your technical scholarship on this matter as opposed to a glib one liner from brother Opana Pointer. Well, that's my latest two Yankee cents worth on this memorable saga of engine room stokers from yesteryear - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day down in your corner of the Grand Canyon State of Arizona.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
The Great White Fleet cruise was one of the big impetuses for developing a fleet train in the Navy. The fleet itself had to either coal in port buying foreign coal, or contract with US merchants (due to law) to carry and provide it. Neither was seen as a suitable solution, so the Navy started building colliers.

Return to “What if”