Without the Fall of France in 1940, would Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and the Soviet Union still be united today?

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
Ружичасти Слон

Without the Fall of Luxembourg in 1940, would Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and the Soviet Union still be united today?

Post by Ружичасти Слон » 29 Sep 2020, 23:12

Futurist wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 01:04
Without the Fall of France in 1940, would Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and the Soviet Union still be united (as in, avoid breakup and collapse) today?
I not understand connection.

Without the Fall of Luxembourg in 1940, would Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and the Soviet Union still be united (as in, avoid breakup and collapse) today?

lahoda

Re: Without the Fall of Luxembourg in 1940, would Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and the Soviet Union still be united today

Post by lahoda » 30 Sep 2020, 22:57

Ружичасти Слон wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 23:12
I not understand connection.

Without the Fall of Luxembourg in 1940, would Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and the Soviet Union still be united (as in, avoid breakup and collapse) today?
If I understand the original plot well, the idea is that without the fall of France (or fall of Luxembourg) the war in the western Europe was not over and German influence was not fully established. Some problems that led to the breakup of aformentioned countries could be still avoided.

Return to “What if”