Adios!

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
maltesefalcon

Adios!

Post by maltesefalcon » 30 Sep 2020 01:07

Probably will get locked or moved, since this is not really a What If.
But since this Forum was where I posted the bulk of my comments I will do it here.

Have tried repeatedly with Admin's help and we cannot find a solution to get me out of the Captcha protocol using Edge in a Surface Go.
(I can't switch browsers because Surface won't let me unless I disable the safe mode.)
It's a nuisance to log in now, so I'm not going to do it any more.

So it pains me to say that after 17 years, this may be my last post. (If I can manage to find a solution to use Edge I'll come back.)

It was fun while it lasted and I wish all the best. Stay safe.

paulrward

Re: Adios!

Post by paulrward » 30 Sep 2020 01:39

Hello Mr. Maltese Falcon :

I have the same issue - but I just do a very Nixonian ' toughing it out ', I log in twice, hit the check mark,
and I am on my way.

The Forum would be poorer without you - the more voices we have, the more knowledge and experiences
we share, the richer we become collectively.

C'mon man - this place is what Dreams Are Made Of.....

Respectfully :

Paul R. Ward
Information not shared, is information lost
Voices banned, are voices who cannot share information....

Takao

Post by Takao » 30 Sep 2020 11:21

I am also having the same issue with Firefox on my laptop, and Chrome on my cell. Like Paul, I just login twice - Chrome checks Captcha automatically, and for Firefox I click on some pictures.

Minor annoyance, but not worth leaving over.

Carl Schwamberger
Host - Allied sections

Post by Carl Schwamberger » 30 Sep 2020 18:07

Im having increasing problems logging in and accessing web sites and specific features. The core of it seems to be increased security, which frequently works poorly with many/most current OS and auxiliary applications. On this laptop, a Mac I'm using some aging legacy programs and the problem is worse.

Futurist

Post by Futurist » 04 Oct 2020 00:35

I really do hope that this issue can get properly fixed so that maltesefalcon can return to this forum. :(

Return to “What if”