Whati if : Balkans

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
Rommel

Post by Rommel » 26 Mar 2002 02:04

Balaton Oil yes...for HQ jeeps maybe...and btw it is economics that wins a war...as for whose army was better just check history...Hungary needed Germany to get Transilvania in 1940 which in fact was a disaster because of the war crimes commited there even by regular troops...very organized army when it comes to slaughtering defensless people...I hope you won t pretend that this is propaganda too---And you should spell ROMANIAN not RUMANIAN

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 26 Mar 2002 04:18

It is proper to pronounce/spell it RUMANIA...

And as for your claim of the RUMANIANS TAKING BUDAPEST FOR THE SECOND TIME, FIRST THEY ATTACKED THE HUNGARIAN IN 1919 WHILE THEY WERE STILL VERY WEAK FROM THE WAR, I SEE NO GLORY IN THAT, DO YOU?

AND AS FOR THEM TAKING BUDAPEST FOR THE SECOND TIME~~~~~~~I HAVE NOT HEARD SUCH A LOAD OF CRAP SINCE SOMEONE IN THE LAST FORUM CLAIMED THAT THE SOVIET LEADERS WERE GOOD ONES!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

You truly don't believe that Rumanians captured budapest in 1945 do you? Because if you do there is no hope for you to become any sort of Historian on the subject....If you believe that...well all i can say is that you couldn't get a Rumanian leftist that was half retarded to believe that because all facts are against it....

1. Rumanian forces BARELY MADE UP ANY of the forces that took part in the siege of Budapest......hardly any.....

2. They were not part of the Occupational forces, therefore they also could not have technically taken over Budapest....

* ps

Mr. Rommel excuse me if I come off too rude or blunt but this is what i am going to say and i am not going to say this too you again

STICK TO THE FACTS!!!!!!!!
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 26 Mar 2002 04:28

oh and they didn't need Germany, they did it as a precautionary so that they did not piss off the Fuhrer and so that they had Approval.....

And as an example....

THE GERMANS NEEDED MILITARY HELP FROM HUNGARIAN PARATROOPS that were latterly put into the Szent Laszlo Division, to help patch a whole in the German line hold the line and for a short while relieve German troops while holding on to the position with severe casualties inflicted upon them over 60% casualties......And were commended BY HITLER HIMSELF BY SAYING THEY WERE BRAVE AND THAT HE BELIEVED THEY WERE AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN HIS BEST!!!!!.....LOOK AT THE HISTORY AS YOU WOULD SAY.... Surely you do not wish to pursue an arguement with me on that topic...
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Rommel

Post by Rommel » 26 Mar 2002 08:16

maybe tou are right...it is not me to undermine whta hungary did in the war...but the fact that you are have just one way mind is obvious...I do not think you can afford to be that nationalist...I mean that is the reason that brought our countries to war so many times.
and yes in 1945 Romanian troops were not occupational troops ...i did not want to say that.I just wanted to point that s the second time in history Romania sieged Budapest

Rommel

Post by Rommel » 26 Mar 2002 08:18

btw...you argued with me on each topic...why not the war crimes in Transilvania too

Rommel

Post by Rommel » 26 Mar 2002 12:55

Gepp short reminder about history...when it comes to our armies which of these countries was better...the Romanians that held on the Otoman Empire for centuries without loosing at any point its autonomy or the Hungarians who if I well remeber lost independence and became a Turkish province after the battle of Mohacs in 1521.
And in 1919 Romania was also tired after 3 years of war.In that period Romania lost 2/3 of its territory and much of it to Austro Hungarian Empire (Transylvania) so we just had to take it back...So don t tell me Romanians were fresh and the Hungarians exhausted, that is just a pile of crap.

IAR80

Hello, mioritic friend

Post by IAR80 » 26 Mar 2002 18:45

Ahh.. Rommel! Good to see some more latin blood here.
I have to warn you about Geppie here. He really treasures his hungarian ancestry and has a very good (even if not entirely true) image of Hungarian WWII history, also he thinks that being in the USA means he is above us romanians. Keep posting and heading him off at every corner, don't give up the fight! What you are saying is no crap, it is supported by english, french and even german books. But Geppie will keep dismissing them as propaganda, just like a cute little Horthy :). But don't let him breathe and rememeber to include figures, that always gets 'em.
Traiasca Romania !!!
Hooya!!!!!
P.S. : Geppie, about 1919 and Hungary, even the library of congress presents the facts that way.

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 26 Mar 2002 20:07

Rommel, they DID NOT SIEGE BUDAPEST, the Soviet union did, they didn't even fight under Rumanian authority...They were much stronger than hungary in 1919...And they DID NOT USE RUMANIANS AS OCCUPATIONAL FORCES, the soviet union had them out of their ASAP to take more glory for themselves...And they only made up 10% roughly of the invasion force...
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Rommel

Post by Rommel » 26 Mar 2002 20:11

gepp I admitted before that Romanians were not an ocupational force in 1945...so drop it.Still I wonder why do u keep avoiding the war crimes in Transylvania between 1940-1944

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 27 Mar 2002 01:04

Yes Hungarians did commit some crimes against Rumanians in transylvania...Rumanians did the same thing pre-Vienna award, if not werse than the Magyars during WWII and to this day they discriminate, relocate, and prohibit the use of the Magyar language in public places. However Hungarians in Rumania have more rights than ethnic Rumanians simply because THE HUNGARIAN GOVERNMENT PAYS FOR FREE SCHOOLING FOR HUNGARIANS IN RUMANIA AND SLOVAKIA, AND THE HUNGARIAN GOVERNMENT ALSO IS FORCING THE OTHER GOVERNMENTS TO COMPLY WITH RULES THAT GOVERN THE MAGAYRS...IN NO WAY IS IT THE RUMANIANS DOING THAT HUNGARIANS GET ALL THOSE RIGHTS...

from since WWII [ and during 1945 ] Rumanian officials etc have SLAUGHTERED/ RELOCATED over 1,000,000 Magayrs FACT, they have burned countless homes, they have harrassed Hungarian communities in Transylvania even today...They cover it up...You don't hear about it because they cover it up...every day Hungarians are harrassed and sometimes even murdered by Rumanian officials...

SO DON"T COMPLAIN ABOUT HATE CRIMES DURING WWII RUMANIA IS JUST AS< IF NOT MORE GUILTY OF THE SAME ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 27 Mar 2002 01:07

Oh and i have seen other threads you have posted in, and this is not the only one where you dont back up your opinion with FACTS...You need to start providing facts and statistics...Or else your posts are useless...Your posts may very well be right some of the time [ not in this case i'm affraid ] like in the one about the eastern front where you talk about the Russians getting ready for an attack on Germany having Rumanian maps or whatever...You gave them no proof to believe you...You could very well be right i don't know about that particular subject of the Russians planning an offensive into Germany, but you could be right...The point is provide facts please...
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Rommel

Post by Rommel » 27 Mar 2002 01:11

Gepp...you must be joking right!

Rommel

Post by Rommel » 27 Mar 2002 01:14

in Romanian Hungarian dispute there is the history that backs me up..
while the Russian Front is concerned Shiva was so kind and posted the documents needed to back what I said

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 27 Mar 2002 01:23

Rommel...I have family that used to live in Transylvania...You speak of these Hungarians backing you up...THAT IS A LOAD OF CRAP...AND FOR THAT MATTER HEAR-SAY!!!!!!!

You have no substantial evidence....And i know they wouldn't back you up...Maybye i should get my good friend Milan Szekelyhidi over here and see if he has anything to say about your fals knowledge? I bet he knows about some hate crimes committied against Ethnic Magyars by the Rumanian Government in the last 7 years....YOU CARE TO EVEN TRY AND PUSH YOUR SUPERFICIAL IDEAS THAT HAVE NO BASIS AND QUITE SAYING STUPID THINGS WHILE YOU ARE STILL AHEAD????? I can tell you that i know more about the subject as you obviously don't have Magyar family and aren't Magyar, and your family doesnt have any Magyar members that lived in Transylvania for the last 30 or so years until 1984.......I have those family members, they have some stories...I don't say anything of their stories as that is aswell Hear-Say and would be dismissed right away as i have to all your posts...And those Hungarian friends of yours [ invisible friends do not count...]
Last edited by Geppistoly Katona on 27 Mar 2002 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Geppistoly Katona

Post by Geppistoly Katona » 27 Mar 2002 01:23

And i can say that Milan Szekelyhidi knows that stuff and it is not hearsay as all the older members of the old forum Knew him...
Ismétlopuska ember-Ferfi

Return to “What if”