south america 1914

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
panzerkrieg

south america 1914

Post by panzerkrieg » 08 Jan 2005, 18:15

what if the first world war spread to the south american continent and the involvement of the three major powers argentina chile and brazil.My guess is chile will side with germany brazil with allies ....argentina???Would there be any great naval and land battles?What wuld be the possible outcome?

Cantankerous

Re: south america 1914

Post by Cantankerous » 13 Feb 2021, 04:34

I doubt that there would have been big naval and land battles if WW1 had spread to South America, because many South American countries did not have the financial capital to engage in land or naval battles. I remember that when the Zimmermann telegram was sent to Mexico urging the Mexican military to attack the US should America declare war on Germany, the Mexican gov't rejected the demand, because it knew that it did not have the financial resources to fight a war with the US in order to force the US to give California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas back to Mexico.

Terry Duncan
Forum Staff

Re: south america 1914

Post by Terry Duncan » 13 Feb 2021, 13:33

This topic does not comply with the guidelines for what constitutes a suitable What If scenario, has made little effort to do so, and so is locked.

T Duncan

Return to “What if”