U-534

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the submarine forces of the Kriegsmarine.
punkyto

U-534

Post by punkyto » 29 May 2008, 06:18

Hello friends!

hi, first post in Kriegsmarine i want to ask about if someone know about the argentine wireless operator of the u-boat 534 does someone has any info about him? thank to all. punkyto.

red devil

Re: U-534

Post by red devil » 31 May 2008, 22:16

Rather than start a new thread, I will use this. No answer to the above question but:

U534 is now in her new home at Woodside Ferry Terminal, Birkenhead. To facilitate visitors being actually able to see inside the submarine, it has been cut into 4 sections and will be cleaned up and covered in perspex to protect the interior. After looking over the U Boat yesterday, I am astounded at just how little room was actually available to the 40+ crewmen. She has also been blessed with her very own permanent stands now instead of the wooden blocks she had in Birkenhead dock.

U 534

Oscarruben

Re: U-534

Post by Oscarruben » 25 Oct 2018, 17:14

Good day, maybe it's a bit late for the answer to your question. Looking over the U-530 I found his concern.
There is a video documentary about this U-Boote (534) by NAT GEO. Published in October 2000/2001 in the series OCTOBER OF WAR. The video comments on the sinking of U-534, statements made by the survivors and their attackers from the B-24. There they mention a young Argentinean sailor of 18 years, radio operator and I hope not to be mistaken his surname would be NEUDORFER. They also mention the death of Kapitan KNOLLO or NOLLEAU. Unfortunately my video-cassette does not work. Possibly you are on YouTube. Sincerely, Oscar from Argentina

Return to “U-Boats”