Compositin of Polish Divisions

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Peter K
John Withill

Compositin of Polish Divisions

Postby John Withill » 07 Dec 2017 07:56

HI Guys .

The only book I have on the Polish Army is an Osprey man at arms basic guide - which doesn't really go in to much detail about regimental / Battalion strengths - loads about 'Divisions' , not much about the composition ....can any one point me in the right direction with a decent reference work - in English ?

Regards

John

Eugen Pinak

Re: Compositin of Polish Divisions

Postby Eugen Pinak » 07 Dec 2017 15:34

John Withill wrote:HI Guys .

The only book I have on the Polish Army is an Osprey man at arms basic guide - which doesn't really go in to much detail about regimental / Battalion strengths - loads about 'Divisions' , not much about the composition ....can any one point me in the right direction with a decent reference work - in English ?

Regards

John

AFAIK, there is no such data in English - only Polish.

Steve

Postby Steve » 07 Dec 2017 23:07

You could try The Polish Campaign 1939 by Steven Zaloga and Victor Madej. The book has sections on for example Organisation of the Polish Armed forces and The Strategic and Operational Doctrine of the Polish army. It seems to have gone up in price quite considerably since I bought my copy way back.

John Withill

Postby John Withill » 07 Dec 2017 23:19

Hi Steve - thanks will go find !

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”