How much was the overpopulation problem in Poland alleviated by the migration of Poles to the Recovered Territories?

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Piotr Kapuscinski.
wm

Re: How much was the overpopulation problem in Poland alleviated by the migration of Poles to the Recovered Territories?

Post by wm » 04 Dec 2020, 04:20

An example is the hostility of the Polish Jews towards so-called Litvaks, who in great numbers migrated to Poland.

I don't think the Germans Jews supported anti-Jewish legislation in Germany, it was patent injustice although initially on a small scale. Especially that the Germans themselves weren't especially unfriendly towards the Jews.
But they were against the worldwide boycott of Germany, counterproductive and destructive. An example.

In Poland, I suppose many Jews understood that it's politically unhealthy if a small minority controlled up to 40 percent of the economy, or occupied 30 percent of university seats (university education was free in Poland) just because of their birth privilege.
Still, the Polish Jews' participation in the economy steadily rose till 1939.

Futurist

Re: How much was the overpopulation problem in Poland alleviated by the migration of Poles to the Recovered Territories?

Post by Futurist » 04 Dec 2020, 04:41

I was talking about gentiles supporting anti-Jewish legislation--not Jews themselves.

wm

Post by wm » 04 Dec 2020, 13:59

I suppose the idea that people, even the Goyim, could act without reasons, good or bad, was too alien to me. :)

Futurist

Post by Futurist » 05 Dec 2020, 02:54

It's too alien to me as well!

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”