Poland's war losses

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Piotr Kapuscinski.
thorwald77

Poland's war losses

Post by thorwald77 » 26 Oct 2007, 00:49

In Sept 2006 the Polish government set up a commission to tally up Poland's WW2 losses and try to name as many of the dead as possible. I wonder what will become of this commission now that the government has changed.
Can Forum members in Poland comment.

Ponury

Post by Ponury » 29 Oct 2007, 23:51

It`s not true. This commision is political fiction, catchword :lol:

thorwald77

Post by thorwald77 » 30 Oct 2007, 00:44

Ponury wrote:It`s not true. This commision is political fiction, catchword :lol:
In other words it does not exist.? Don't they have a monthly meeting? Before the meeting they have a banquet with bottles of Vodka on the table? In the true Polish style? :lol:

Alex Yeliseenko

Post by Alex Yeliseenko » 11 Nov 2007, 15:28

thorwald77 wrote:
Ponury wrote:It`s not true. This commision is political fiction, catchword :lol:
In other words it does not exist.? Don't they have a monthly meeting? Before the meeting they have a banquet with bottles of Vodka on the table? In the true Polish style? :lol:
Sorry. Vodka, is our, Russian style! And we there is nobody this style we shall not share! :lol:

thorwald77

Post by thorwald77 » 11 Nov 2007, 17:11

Alex Yeliseenko wrote:
thorwald77 wrote:
Sorry. Vodka, is our, Russian style! And we there is nobody this style we shall not share! :lol:
Alex, I beg to differ. Russian "Vodka" tastes like medicine. Polish Vodka is made from the purest water and the finest potatoes. The taste of our home brewed Vodka is the best. The secret receipe was taken to Pennsylvania by my great grandfather. When you are in Nanticoke drop in for a bottle :D

Alex Yeliseenko

Post by Alex Yeliseenko » 11 Nov 2007, 17:45

thorwald77 wrote:
Alex Yeliseenko wrote:
thorwald77 wrote:
Alex, I beg to differ. Russian "Vodka" tastes like medicine. Polish Vodka is made from the purest water and the finest potatoes. The taste of our home brewed Vodka is the best. The secret receipe was taken to Pennsylvania by my great grandfather. When you are in Nanticoke drop in for a bottle :D
You did not try some the present Russian/Belarus vodka? There there is no medicine. Only pure water and wheaten spirit. 500-700 ml are done with your mood fine! I shall be In the North American United States in 2008. I shall try to reach your remarkable city! :lol:

:lol:

Stephan

Post by Stephan » 13 Nov 2007, 22:32

Alex Yeliseenko wrote: I shall be In the North American United States in 2008. I shall try to reach your remarkable city! :lol:
Yeah. And dont forget to take together a deep drink of said vodka in memory of these polish war-dead.
So nobody can say you/we are fooling around with Of-topic here!

To burn instead a candle on the 1 of november is of course also proper.

Ogorek

Post by Ogorek » 13 Nov 2007, 22:58

Nanticoke?????

Home of Petey Gray, Stanky and the Coal Miners and Concrete City ????

NEVER HEARD OF IT !

But I believe that Schmitts is the drink of choice rather than Wodka.

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”