OPrzyczolki Battle of the Vistula River in the Region Pulawy and Deblín 1944

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Piotr Kapuscinski.
marek01

OPrzyczolki Battle of the Vistula River in the Region Pulawy and Deblín 1944

Post by marek01 » 17 Nov 2016, 18:34

hello looking for information about places of burial of soldiers of the Polish Army 1 Army who died in battle and were on the side of the German .Intersuje me also how many zeczywiscie was killed and where they were buried exactly how many were injured and how many were taken prisoner .With any documentation bende grateful because it will I determine the place of burial of soldiers and their exact number

Art
Forum Staff

Re: OPrzyczolki Battle of the Vistula River in the Region Pulawy and Deblín 1944

Post by Art » 18 Nov 2016, 21:45

The staff of the 1 Belorussian front reported the following losses 1-10 August:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 6#p1095706

In more details according to 1 PA staff the following casualties were suffered by units during 1-10.8.44:
1 Infantry Division - 37 killed, 118 wounded, 357 missing
2 Infantry Division - 200 killed, 417 wounded, 192 missing
3 Infantry Division - 22 killed, 52 wounded
non-divisional artillery - 12 killed, 32 wounded
engineer units - 18 killed, 38 wounded, 16 missing
1 Tank Brigade - 1 killed, 27 wounded
Total Army - 290 killed, 684 wounded, 565 missing:
https://pamyat-naroda.ru/dou/?docID=152333466
I guess, most losses were from their abortive crossing of Vistula.

In a similar way losses during 10-20.08.44 were reported as:
3 Infantry Division - 42 killed, 220 wounded
2 Infantry Division - 116 killed, 454 wounded
1 Infantry Division - no personnel losses
artillery - 12 men wounded
1 Tank Brigade - 62 killed, 223 wounded
1 Engineer Brigade - 5 killed, 19 wounded
https://pamyat-naroda.ru/dou/?docID=152333507

I suppose, both the name lists of casualties and a list of burial places must be available in Polish archives.

marek01

Re: OPrzyczolki Battle of the Vistula River in the Region Pulawy and Deblín 1944

Post by marek01 » 19 Nov 2016, 11:55

The trouble with oile side of the current province of Lublin ie Deblin and Pulawy major problems with finding places of burial is not because it involved only two cities are already on the side of the German current province Mazowieckie already are problems because no one knows where the Germans could bury dead soldiers Polish how many of them were injured and how many were taken prisoner .Polskie archives human being they do not have hardly anything that could provide to help determine where the Germans buried killed so because zucilem about this in the hope to solve the riddle .Interesuje me also that the Army had losses hardware

Net_Skater

Post by Net_Skater » 19 Nov 2016, 13:28

Dear God, somebody is using Google translator ... On the top of this I suspect that Polish text has a number of slang frases which makes Google quite confused - and a funny thing is that in one of the Polish words Google was unable to translate (post # 3) there is a a grammar error indicating that somebody needs to get back to classrom for a crash course of Polish101 ...
Never mind.
I will try to put English text in order. Here it is:

One of the obstacles is that data concerning localization of First Polish Army field burials in area of Deblin and Pulawy is almost not existing in Polish archieves, especially concerning field burials provided by German side. Germans did not leave any evidence/documentation of such activities in that section of the front. Also, there is no infromation on German side how many Polish soldiers/wounded were taken as a POW.

(There is also a request about First Polish Army military equipment loss)

henryk

Post by henryk » 19 Nov 2016, 20:30

Cemetery of Those Lost in the Battle
http://groby.radaopwim.gov.pl/grob/12130/
Google translation, slightly polished.
Municipality: Pulawy
Property type: Military cemetery
Number of buried: 540
Number of registered: 253
In the Military Cemetery are buried soldiers of the Polish Army, died on the Vistula River in the area of ​​Deblin and Pulawy in 1939. And soldiers died during the crossing of the Vistula and the struggle for a foothold in Dęblin Pulawy and at the turn of July and August 1944. (205 soldiers).
At the cemetery are the remains of civilians exhumed from the district Kozienice and m. Kulczyn and Leokadiów.
At the entrance to the cemetery there is an information board:
WAR CEMETERY in Pulawy
Founded FOR SUSTAINABLE COMMEMORATION OF ARMED ACTION
POLISH ARMY SOLDIERS killed fighting
Fought VISTULA NEAR Deblín I PUŁAWY
In September 1939 R.
Guerrillas BRANCHES GL AL BCH and AK Fallen
IN THE FIGHT AGAINST Nazi occupiers IN THE DISTRICT
Puławskiego IN THE YEARS 1939 - 1944
ARMY SOLDIERS AND POLISH ARMY killed during
Forcing the Vistula AND WALK ABOUT foothold
POD Deblin and Pulawy HELD On 27 July 8, 1944

HONOR THEIR MEMORY
Also:
Municipality: Deblin
Property type: Mogila / mass grave
Number of buried: Unknown
Number of registered: 0

Grave stones, in the central part is stone
with the inscription:
SOLDIERS 1 K. K. 1 Division. PIECH. ARMY POSKIEGO
They fell 1-2 AUGUST 1944
On the other stones contains the following inscription:
MICHAŁ BIELAK
TEODOR BRATOŁOW
STANISŁAW KAPUŚCIK
ANTONI DULEWICZ
HENRYK CZUPRYNIAK
ŻOŁNIERZ NIEZNANY (UNKNOWN SOLDIER)
ŻOŁNIERZE, KTÓRYCH MIEJSC POCHOWANIA NIE USTALONO ( SOLDIERS whose burial place not determined):
PAWEŁ TOPOROWSKI
JÓZEF WALUSZA
JAN TYSZKO
KONSTANTY RYŻKOW
STEFAN DRZEWIECKI
WIKTOR ZAZULIŃSKI
JÓZEF PRZYBYŁUKOWSKI
STANISŁAW PIEKUTOWSKI

marek01

Post by marek01 » 20 Nov 2016, 09:46

ones chlopcow what stayed on the German side. I know around many bylo of the many injured killed. to dzis it isn't known what sie stalo with the injured andgreat so much around I just know it. but for me walks about of the where Germans buried killed

marek01

Post by marek01 » 25 Nov 2016, 13:05

I welcome whether sa dostepne any German documents or even zdjecia from this specific battle? byly in order to they very helpful in rozwiklaniu riddles of that battle and losow zolnierzy of losses zarowno German as well as Polish. for those documents bylbym

marek01

Post by marek01 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:50

I welcome I am searching dokumentow German ktore zucily in order to swiatlo about this battle. I am searching for them therefore around weszlem in sharp from local pseldo with historians and wants for them utrzec effectively of nose. moze for me ktos including the help? bylbym very wdzieczny for the help

henryk

Post by henryk » 17 Dec 2016, 20:53

Try using the German Google: https://www.google.de/
National Google sites often yield more results in the language of that site.
Use keywords in German.

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”