Mg34 Use by Poles?

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Piotr Kapuscinski.
PirateClimb76

Mg34 Use by Poles?

Post by PirateClimb76 » 09 Jun 2021 05:42

Hello! New here, but wanted to get on board and delve in.
So it is a "fact" that Poles used many different captured weapons during WWII. From the Sten gun (actually supplied to them as I've been told), and the Panzerfaust, to the K98k and the Luger. They even manufactured their own machine guns etc out of sheet metal (The Lightning).
However, as I've started researching on different "Uprisings" in Poland during WWII from Zamosc to the well know Warsaw uprising, I started to look to see if I could find any information whether it be written or via photographs of Poles using captured MG34 or Mg42 machine guns?
Any info would be greatly appreciated as I haven't found anything specific yet (photos are always fantastic), so I thought I'd put it out there.

BartekPL

Re: Mg34 Use by Poles?

Post by BartekPL » 20 Aug 2021 16:06

I am curious why are you searching for information and photos on use of MG-34 and MG-42 machine guns by the Polish resistance and partisans, though I might help a bit as well.
To clarify a few things a bit - the arsenal of Polish resistance fighters and partisans was very wide, perhaps even more than I can imagine, including even some rather unique weapons as well as self-made weapons (one of a kind, manufactured by one person or a few people) and weapons manufactured by the resistance workshops ("Błyskawica" wasn't the only one).
The reason why you couldn't find any good results on the internet is likely caused by the fact, that people don't really care all that much about what weapons are on the photographs and don't provide adequate descriptions. Frankly speaking, the amount of photographs you are searching for is great, but the research is rather complicated and time-consuming.

Below are some quickly found photographs of Polish resistance fighters and partisans with MG-34 and MG-42 machine guns during the WWII. There is a very decent amount of photos with these weapons of Polish post-war resistance fighters/partisans, but I don't know if you are also interested in them.

Warsaw Uprising:
PW1.JPG
PW2.JPG
PW3.jpg
PW4.jpg
PW5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BartekPL

Post by BartekPL » 20 Aug 2021 16:07

Warsaw Uprising:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BartekPL

Post by BartekPL » 20 Aug 2021 16:09

Partisans:

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”