- Host - Allied sections
- Posts: 6213
- Joined: 02 Sep 2006 20:31
- Location: USA
So, my questions are:
1. This claim supported by any evidence anyone is aware of?
2. What did the French want with the heavy water?
- Posts: 519
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009 18:20
- Location: Clocktown
What did the French want with the heavy water? From Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube_Alloys#Paris_Group
Early in 1940, the Paris Group decided on theoretical grounds that heavy water would be an ideal moderator for how they intended to use it. They asked the French Minister of Armaments to obtain as much heavy water as possible from the only source, the large Norsk Hydro hydroelectric station at Vemork in Norway.
- Posts: 577
- Joined: 14 Jun 2003 03:38
- Location: Riom Auvergne & Bourbonnais France
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]