About Schneider Auguste, 3rd Army

Discussions on all aspects of France during the Inter-War era and Second World War.
Kelvin

About Schneider Auguste, 3rd Army

Post by Kelvin » 20 Apr 2017, 19:54

Hi, from Generals.dk website, I see Schneider Auguste, 3rd Army Medical Chief seemed intact after 1940 war but some website mentions he was probably captured by German, did he captured or evacuated into Vichy France ? Thank.

Loïc

Re: About Schneider Auguste, 3rd Army

Post by Loïc » 20 Apr 2017, 23:56

hello
not at all captured by the germans, harsh words existed about the behaviour of this Army Health Director médecin-general in june 1940,
leaving his command he was totally safe the 18th june in central France, while the 3rd Army was encircled in the Vosges and the medecin-general Health Director of the 20th Army Corps had to replace him in his functions

Loïc

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » 21 Apr 2017, 06:43

Loïc wrote:hello
not at all captured by the germans, harsh words existed about the behaviour of this Army Health Director médecin-general in june 1940,
leaving his command he was totally safe the 18th june in central France, while the 3rd Army was encircled in the Vosges and the medecin-general Health Director of the 20th Army Corps had to replace him in his functions

Loïc
Hi, Loic, how are you ?

Thank for your data on this general, I found most of 5th Army Senior officers were left too : Mj Gen. Dumontier, Engineer Chief, Mj. Gen Maissonnet, Medical Chief, and Mj Gen, Le Quintrec, and the first two even get promotion after campaign, Dumonitier became chief of Enginner and Maissonet became Medical Chief In army, why they still can get promotion ?

BTW, do you know the name of Provost Chief of 8th Army during 1940 campaign ? I cannot find it anyway. Thank

Loïc

Post by Loïc » 23 Apr 2017, 01:42

fine thanks and quite surprised that you investigate the fates of the medical-general officers, I don't know where you have seen that

it is not the same thing, 5th Army Health Director Maisonnet not ceased to be at his command while he organized the withdrawal of a part of his army medical services while I would say with decency that his 3rd Army homologue seems to have organized quickly only his own withdrawal

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » 23 Apr 2017, 09:53

Hello, Loic, Thank for that. I see those from Steen Ammentrop website Generals of WWII, abeit not incomplete in their career but still very helpful. I am still searching this website for some information. But I can't find the name of Provost Chief of French 8th Army, do you know that ? Thank

Return to “France 1919-1945”