Iron Fireman T36 Snow Tractor?? Photographs?

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
ArmchairSamurai

Iron Fireman T36 Snow Tractor?? Photographs?

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 05 May 2018, 06:18

I came across a very, very obscure U.S. vehicle today, which apparently (according to the snippets of information I found) was bought in small numbers by the Army(?) in 1944 and used in Alaska presumably alongside the Allis-Chalmers M7 snow tractor for rescue operations. I cannot confirm nor deny if this information is genuine as I cannot find a reputable source aside from a few forums. With that in mind, does anybody out there know of any leads on the T36?? More importantly, does anybody know of any other photographs other than the grainy ones below? Thanks in advance.

There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

Takao

Re: Iron Fireman T36 Snow Tractor?? Photographs?

Post by Takao » 07 May 2018, 12:38

Not from it's time in US Army service, but a modern walk around video on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDBAyB8g8pQ

ArmchairSamurai

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 02 Oct 2020, 20:26

Finally figured out why I cannot find any photographs of this vehicle. All records were destroyed in a fire.

https://www.fireengineering.com/1945/09 ... fire/#gref
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

reedwh52

Post by reedwh52 » 12 Oct 2020, 16:29

"I came across a very, very obscure U.S. vehicle today, which apparently (according to the snippets of information I found) was bought in small numbers by the Army(?) in 1944 and used in Alaska presumably alongside the Allis-Chalmers M7 snow tractor for rescue operations. I cannot confirm nor deny if this information is genuine as I cannot find a reputable source aside from a few forums. "

Just a comment; The illustrations shown are from page 225 in the book "U.S. Military Tracked Vehicles" by Fred Crismon, not the internet. It is considered a reputable source.

Return to “USA 1919-1945”