"Sonic" M10 Tank Destroyer

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
ArmchairSamurai

"Sonic" M10 Tank Destroyer

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 16 Nov 2020 22:09

Hello all.

I found this on another Russian forum shusharmor.livejournal.com. Considering the accompanying blurbs are in English and apparently, this is a page from a book, is another thing. Does anyone by chance know what book? I know, a long shot for sure.

Anyway, I recognize the equipment attached to this M10, but I have only ever seen it on the back of M3 half-tracks. Quite an oddity for sure, so I thought I would share.

Cheers,

ArmchairSamurai
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

Richard Anderson

Re: "Sonic" M10 Tank Destroyer

Post by Richard Anderson » 17 Nov 2020 02:59

The 3133d Signal Service Co (Special) was a deception unit too. These were designed and built in theater specifically as deception units. I think the pages are from Jonathan Gawne's Ghosts of the ETO : American Tactical Deception Units in the European Theater 1944-1945, but I can't be certain since I don't own a copy..
"Is all this pretentious pseudo intellectual citing of sources REALLY necessary? It gets in the way of a good, spirited debate, destroys the cadence." POD, 6 October 2018

ArmchairSamurai

Re: "Sonic" M10 Tank Destroyer

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 17 Nov 2020 04:37

Richard Anderson wrote:
17 Nov 2020 02:59
The 3133d Signal Service Co (Special) was a deception unit too. These were designed and built in theater specifically as deception units. I think the pages are from Jonathan Gawne's Ghosts of the ETO : American Tactical Deception Units in the European Theater 1944-1945, but I can't be certain since I don't own a copy..
Aha! Thank you kindly, Richard. I will order myself a copy for the hell of it. I do believe that the page I posted is from there. It appears on the front cover of the book from what I can tell.
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

Return to “USA 1919-1945”