Any Objective and Neutral Stories about Allied Soldiers and Complete Books about Tanks?

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
RoyalHistorian

Any Objective and Neutral Stories about Allied Soldiers and Complete Books about Tanks?

Post by RoyalHistorian » 02 Feb 2021 04:12

Grettings members of the forum AxisHistory. To begining, I want to introduce myself because I am new in the form, so then I saying hello to all you.
Well, as the title says, I what to ask if you can recommend me, any book or novel about the experience of soldiers in the allied side (america,british and france) of course, if the last two are possible. And also, can you recommend me any book or manual about the interior and functions of the tanks (functions of the crew members, weapons .etc) Complete if is possible too.

All this because I am very interested about the little details of the WW2.

I would be very greatful for you help.

Thanks for you attention.
Last edited by RoyalHistorian on 03 Feb 2021 03:41, edited 1 time in total.

Carl Schwamberger
Host - Allied sections

Re: Any Objective and Neutral Stories about Allied Soldiers?

Post by Carl Schwamberger » 02 Feb 2021 20:05

Not the expert on this, but I'd recommend Donald Burgetts autobiographical series of his experience in the war. For a untrained writer, Burgetts post war career was as a carpenter & roofer, his account is a model of clarity and clinical detachment. The first book was a bit rough by some standards, but the other three benefitted from larger background research and checking of dates, names, ect... Burgers agenda was just to tell his personal story, & his descriptions of his comrades as he saw them are about as objective as you are going to find.

dgfred

Re: Any Objective and Neutral Stories about Allied Soldiers and Complete Books about Tanks?

Post by dgfred » 04 Feb 2021 15:42

Thanks Carl... my long-time buddy.

Carl Schwamberger
Host - Allied sections

Re: Any Objective and Neutral Stories about Allied Soldiers and Complete Books about Tanks?

Post by Carl Schwamberger » 04 Feb 2021 21:53

Hey Fred. Nice to see you are still around.

Return to “USA 1919-1945”