Live German American Bund Online Lecture - 04/20/2021

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
calaski8123

Live German American Bund Online Lecture - 04/20/2021

Post by calaski8123 » 07 Feb 2021 05:28

Hello,

I am a long time member of this forum and others. I earned my Master's in History in 2013 and my graduate thesis was on the German American Bund. I joined the Glen Rock, New Jersey Police Department in February 2000 and served eight years in the Patrol Division, before I was appointed to the Detective Bureau. In November 2017, I was promoted to Detective Sergeant.

While researching my thesis topic, the German American Bund, I came across documents regarding a resident of Glen Rock named Carl Schiphorst. Schiphorst resided in Glen Rock during the 1930’s and was a leader of the Bergen County Unit of the Bund as well as the target of a 145 page FBI investigation suspecting Schiphorst of being a Nazi agent. For the past several years, I have been researching Carl Schiphorst, his investigation, internment, and ultimate repatriation to Germany, a story which illustrates the plight of thousands of German families during WWII. I first presented my findings to the public in conjunction with the Glen Rock Historical & Preservation Society in April 2015 and have been in demand ever since, presenting to numerous libraries and civic organizations throughout Bergen County and NJ. My presentation is continuously updated with new information regarding what became of the Schiphorst family after repatriation and the history of the German American Bund in Bergen County, NJ and beyond.

Due to covid-19, I have not been able to present in person however I have teamed up with a NJ adult community school and now offer my lecture live via Google Meet.

If you were ever interested in the Bund, wanted to learn more, or want to hear a fascinating local story of a German family in NJ during WWII and how it related to global events, here is your chance. I have already done one lecture and it went very well. The presentation runs about an hour and I will stay as long as needed to answer questions. It is live and not recorded so you are able to interact like a regular class.

The best part is that your do not have to be in NJ. If you are interested please click the link below to register.

My lecture is Tuesday April 20, 2021 at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (I did not pick the date and that it just a coincidence).

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here. My lecture is in demand and very well received. I included a link to news articles over the years covering my lecture.

Thank you,

James

Link to register for my lecture:
https://register.communitypass.net/reg/ ... y_mbr_str=

News articles about my lecture:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Nazi+sp ... e&ie=UTF-8

Return to “USA 1919-1945”