JFK WII hero ?

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
DavidFrankenberg

Re: JFK WII hero ?

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 28 Jan 2023, 13:53

reedwh52 wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 23:02
David:

Those survivors still alive in 1960 campaigned for Kennedy. The last survivor (Gerald Zinser) indicated that the account was accurate.

I would suggest that, if you have evidence of inaccuracy, that you provide it.
Yes, i have established a list of the crew. And many of them were hired by JFK. It means they were paid by him. I mean, it could be interpreted as a way of corruption.

DavidFrankenberg

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 28 Jan 2023, 13:58

rcocean wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 03:40
JFK's back injury and his addison's disease are established fact. See this link https://www.spineuniverse.com/condition ... s-revealed - for details.

One can swim quite well with a "bad back" since there are all kinds of "Bad backs". FDR was paralyzed due to polio and could also swim well. Swimming doesn't put weight on the back. There is no jarring or pressure on the spine as there is with running or jogging.

JFK was 26 years old in 1943, and could function with a bad back in PT-109. According to the Clay Blair book, he was often in pain after a Motorboat mission because the pounding hurt his back.

Be that as it is. JFK was a hero for this reason: He was a wealthy intelligent man who could have snapped his fingers and gotten a draft deferment or an easy, safe job in the rear. Instead, despite being 4F, he pulled strings to get himself into the war. And he sought and got a combat assignment. Maybe his exploits were exaggerated later on for political reasons. So what!
Yes. Indeed, why many people do swim ? Because they have some physical problems which counter-indicates running or any other sports activity.
Swim does not make your problem disappear, it is just less traumatic. It means you suffer less, but you still suffer if you have a problem. If JFK had a back issue, ok maybe he could swim… but i mean swimming several miles in open sea, dragging some one else… i mean it’s not serious. Something must be wrong here.
Concerning the back issue, it clearly hurts you while swimming. I have one, and believe me, it hurts even when i swim. You dont joke with back issue. What was exactly the JFK back issue ? He was discharged because of that. It was not a little issue.

R Leonard

Post by R Leonard » 28 Jan 2023, 17:19

I would suggest that if you, David, believe that

"something must be wrong here" that YOU go and find that something rather than continually bleat for others to find that "something" for you.

That if you believe the story of the event is a lie, that YOU go and find evidence of the lie rather than demand said evidence from others.

I mean really, if you such a passion for denial, why do you insist on others providing the grist for you mill. Can you not lift a finger to produce you own evidence and not just your theories? You do realize, do you not, that contrary to the internet practices of some and for the writers of crack-pot pseudo histories, the absence of evidence is not, and cannot be, evidence.

So, you go find something real that has not sprung from someone's fertile imagination and show same to us.

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 29 Jan 2023, 03:19

DavidFrankenberg wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 13:53
reedwh52 wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 23:02
David:

Those survivors still alive in 1960 campaigned for Kennedy. The last survivor (Gerald Zinser) indicated that the account was accurate.

I would suggest that, if you have evidence of inaccuracy, that you provide it.
Yes, i have established a list of the crew. And many of them were hired by JFK. It means they were paid by him. I mean, it could be interpreted as a way of corruption.
Provide evidence YOU have that JFK bribed his crew

otherwise you come off as a fantasist at best
"There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here".
Col. George Taylor, 16th Infantry Regiment, Omaha Beach

Return to “USA 1919-1945”