Does anyone have OOB information concerning the British...

Discussions on all aspects of the The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Andy H
GrossDeutschland

Does anyone have OOB information concerning the British...

Post by GrossDeutschland » 30 Apr 2002 20:56

forces in North Africa and the Middle East as of May/June of 42? Any and all information would be of extraordinary help, and the more detailed the better.

Danke

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 30 Apr 2002 21:03

I have almost all the OoB's that you would require, however are there any particular units you are interested in/

:D From the Shire

GrossDeutschland

Post by GrossDeutschland » 30 Apr 2002 21:20

That would be spectacular. I'm trying to plot forces accurately on a map (crude war game). Infantry divisions, armoured divisions brigades, etc. If you have them I sure could use data for the forces in Egypt (both Western army and garrison), Palestine and the Levant, Iraq, even Persia if possible. And because I didn't say it outright, by British I mean both British and Commonwealth/Empire.

If you have what I seek, fine, and if you have just some of it, equally fine. I'll take anything you got.

Danke

By the way, how did you obtain the data.

MadJim

ob

Post by MadJim » 01 May 2002 02:34

You are trying to re-invent the wheel. This extensive work has already been done over the last 15 years or so (on a divisional and regimental scale) by the Europa association - the end result was "War in the Desert". It covers Iran to Morrocco and the armies involved.

:mrgreen:

Return to “The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth 1919-45”