Looking for further information

Discussions on all aspects of the The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Andy H
Caldric

Looking for further information

Post by Caldric » 19 Jul 2003, 00:33

Anyone know where I might find further information on the following:
YOUTH ALIYAH. In 1936, the 'Youth Aliyah' (Movement of Children) organization concerned itself with the emigration of Jewish children from Germany and Austria, to stay with British families who had agreed to care for them. The British Home Office had given permission for them to come to Britain, and many of them lived with families in Kent and in Scotland. They attended Youth Aliyah schools where they learned about their future lives in Palestine.

Mostly all I found was modern programs.

Were these British Homes Non-Jewish?

Lady From Hell

Re: Looking for further information

Post by Lady From Hell » 20 Jul 2003, 02:49

:) Hi:

Re ur ? below in reference to Jewish Children. :x

I have some Info as to where some of them had ended up But it depends on the Age u r thinking about.
As i do have some info But it has been swept under the carpet More Privately.

WW2. Canadian Army Veteran . Who has done Battle & More 8)

:x "Lady From Hell"

I see ur ad is in Alaska ??

Caldric wrote:Anyone know where I might find further information on the following:
YOUTH ALIYAH. In 1936, the 'Youth Aliyah' (Movement of Children) organization concerned itself with the emigration of Jewish children from Germany and Austria, to stay with British families who had agreed to care for them. The British Home Office had given permission for them to come to Britain, and many of them lived with families in Kent and in Scotland. They attended Youth Aliyah schools where they learned about their future lives in Palestine.

Mostly all I found was modern programs.

Were these British Homes Non-Jewish?

Return to “The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth 1919-45”