Market Garden Corridor 60th Anniv.

Discussions on all aspects of the The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Andy H
Bill Medland

Market Garden Corridor 60th Anniv.

Post by Bill Medland » 26 Oct 2003 17:25

Hi Guys,
I am going to march from Eindhoven to Arnhem in original British infantry uniform and equipment, next september 2004 for the 60th Anniv. of the battle. There should be hundreds of military vehicles there to get a lift from. (and it lands on a weekend).

I intended to do this march alone, but would be intrested to know if anyone would be interested to team up with me, 16th-21st Sept.2004?
I will be following the route of Horricks 30th Corps.

So come on, who is interested?
Regards,Bill.

Matt H.

Post by Matt H. » 26 Oct 2003 17:27

Wow! A real-life war walk! All I can say is good luck and go for it! I hope to ultimately make battlefield visits as soon as possible, but keep in mind that I am only a college student!

I did pay a visit to a British war memorial just outside Eindhoven as part of a holiday last year. A truly moving experience.

Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland » 26 Oct 2003 17:51

Thanks Matt,
I enjoy doing war walks, and I have done a few!
I was also in a Battle reenactment group in the UK 1978-1989 (as a 'German' in the 916.Gren.Regt, 352.Inf.Div.)
But to stay out of trouble I now wear British Battledress, which is interesting due to the fact that I am now a real German!!! (moved to Germany in 1989).
I surpose with my war walks in original kit, I have become a one man battle reenactment group!
I do it to get the 'feel' of the battlefield, although I was a soldier 1973-1989 in the RAF Regt.
I respect all soldiers regardless of nation, but my main interest is in the English, USA and German histories of WW2.

Regards,Bill.

Return to “The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth 1919-45”