Merchants that tried to run the Malta blockade alone, i have two i remember Tadorna and Ardeola but there others earlier. I don't know if those two were disguised . They were captured by Vichy France - they ran very close to North Africa coast - and were given to Axis later.
- Posts: 2113
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007 22:54
- Location: Lusitania
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 31 Mar 2014 20:42
The false flag for a merchant ship would involve:
1) Not participating in convoys;
2) Not be armed;
3) After leaving port, painting large identifying flags on the ship hull and superstructure.
4) Illuminating such identifying media at night
5) Removing such media before entering port; and
6) not be bound for locations such as the British Isles.