- Posts: 79
- Joined: 11 Jul 2019 19:03
- Location: ..
Two examples that come to my mind:
- The Portuguese fishing vessel Gil Eannes in the Atlantic was used as a spy ship (via its radio operator Gastao Ferraz) to transmit info to the Germans about Allied fleet movements in the leadup to Operation Torch. Ferraz was found out and arrested by the Brits in time before the invasion, after some of his coded messages were intercepted by MI5.
- German ships in Portuguese Goa were found out to be transmitting info about Allied ship movements to Uboats in the region. The British organized 'Operation Creek' to board one of these ships and silence the transmitters.
Anyone have other examples to share?
- Host - Allied sections
- Posts: 7180
- Joined: 02 Sep 2006 20:31
- Location: USA
- Posts: 4150
- Joined: 16 May 2010 14:12
- Location: United States of America