Victory at Sea showing corpses...

Discussions on the Allies and the Neutral States in general and the countries that does not have sections of their own.
LAstryAGAIN

Victory at Sea showing corpses...

Post by LAstryAGAIN » 04 Sep 2023 00:36

The Old Victory at Sea had three brief Film Clips of showing Corpses..
Two can be identied.....one was a IJN Crewman of AII-256 Torpedo plane shot down at Pearl harbor...
the second was a burial at sea of a Rear Gunner....US Navy.....

The third puzzled me..it showed what seems to be a unformed corpse floating in the water....
Was this actual war casualty or was it a stock film clip....{V at Sea clips of IJN dive bombers at Pearl harbor....obvious models...}

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: Victory at Sea showing corpses...

Post by OpanaPointer » 04 Sep 2023 02:46

I used to show a muddy road when I was a TA for Randy Robert's "WWII" class at Purdue. It took the youngsters a minute to parse out the outline of a soldier smushed down in the grey spring mud of some Russian road. Dude had gone down sometime in the winter and nobody had noticed until spring.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

LAstryAGAIN

Re: Victory at Sea showing corpses...

Post by LAstryAGAIN » 09 Sep 2023 18:01

I think I know th picture you are talking about..its a colored photograph of muddy road..you can just see the outline of the German just both on and under the surface of the mud..it can be found at top right of page 1927 PArt 69 of the Magazine "History of the Second World War"1974

Return to “The Allies and the Neutral States in general”