Looking for Kassel Binoculars

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
HistoryVsFacts

Looking for Kassel Binoculars

Post by HistoryVsFacts » 13 Sep 2017, 13:44

Hey everyone, I am really enjoying learning so much on this forum and I will only continue to learn more the more threads I read on here. Something I was reading lead me to do some reading of myself; I was surprised to see how many different manufacturers the Axis had for binoculars. From what I have been reading, most of them are fairly similar in appearance to each other and function almost identically but were made from different designers. There doesn't seem to be much that I can find about the designers themselves, such as whether or not they died and that was the reason or switching so I am getting pretty curious about it. Curious enough to try and find myself a pair!

It seems one of the more iconic versions of the WWII German binoculars is the ones designed by E. Froelich Kassel, so I am hoping that I will be able to source a pair of these and try them out for myself, makes notes and then purchase another variation. Does anyone know of a surplus store, or an online store perhaps that might have these for sale at a decent price so I can start my research? Thanks in advance to everyone who see's this, I hope this doesn't seem like a silly thing to do.

HistoryVsFacts

Re: Looking for Kassel Binoculars

Post by HistoryVsFacts » 17 Sep 2017, 08:54

HistoryVsFacts wrote:Hey everyone, I am really enjoying learning so much on this forum and I will only continue to learn more the more threads I read on here. Something I was reading lead me to do some reading of myself; I was surprised to see how many different manufacturers the Axis had for binoculars. From what I have been reading, most of them are fairly similar in appearance to each other and function almost identically but were made from different designers. There doesn't seem to be much that I can find about the designers themselves, such as whether or not they died and that was the reason or switching so I am getting pretty curious about it. Curious enough to try and find myself a pair!

It seems one of the more iconic versions of the WWII German binoculars is the ones designed by E. Froelich Kassel, so I am hoping that I will be able to source a pair of these and try them out for myself, makes notes and then purchase another variation. Does anyone know of a surplus store, or an online store perhaps that might have these for sale at a decent price so I can start my research? Thanks in advance to everyone who see's this, I hope this doesn't seem like a silly thing to do.
I checked out a new army surplus store in the next town over and they had an amazing collection of WWII binoculars. I grabbed a pair of the Kassel's and next week I will be heading out there again to take a look at the rest of their glass. What a great shop :)

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”