Where to buy real pieces?

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
silverado

Where to buy real pieces?

Post by silverado » 20 Oct 2018, 14:02

Hello,
I'm a new collector of German WW2 items. There are a lot of fake reproductions out there and for a beginner like me it's difficult to determine if a piece is real.

A part from this board, can you recommend me other websites where only real pieces are sold?

Thanks in advance.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Where to buy real pieces?

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 21 Oct 2018, 02:34

If you live in Espana, I suggest local shops, dealers, antique shops, etc.Have to network so to speack. As for USA dealers, ehhh,seems now most have good-bad-and ugly on their sites.Kind of hard to give a rave or a rant about any websites anumore,best bet is to search in this or other forums lists of adealers to stay away from.
As with oth3er members in AHF, most all will say, like I am, kind of collect a certain type of relic. Flags, armbands, helmets, lots of new collectors willl buy anything they comeacross that has a swaztica, and what happejs is you get a lot of stuff, but lots of the stuff will be crap. Me, I now collect USA M-1 helmets now,gave upo on the German a few yerars ago, got bored. remember the price youpay on websites are high retail, not the real what thething is worth price to collectors or dealers

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 21 Oct 2018, 11:22

There isn't really anywhere that sells just real items. Some might very well have the best intentions of doing so but chances are that some of their stuff will still be fake. I'd also say spend money on books first to build up your knowledge of the area you want to collect in, 80+ Euros spent on a book now could save you wasting 500 Euros on a fake later.
I collect German citations and paperwork but I steer clear of Waffen-SS examples now as the latest fakes are nearly perfect.

Das Mike

Post by Das Mike » 21 Oct 2018, 17:01

Hi Silverado

Type into google Fortress Militaria an English Militaria site you can buy from. My mate Rob runs it and all his stuff is genuine or your money back, I have known him for ages and bought from him. At the base of his home page if you click on the word Concept500 you can go to a fine list of other dealers. As time goes by you will find dealers you can trust. As a rule if you are not sure do not buy it!!! . Good Luck and enjoy this great hobby.

silverado

Post by silverado » 22 Oct 2018, 17:43

Hi all,
I will follow your advice. Thanks to the three of you for your help!

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”