My collection (for sale and evaluation)

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
Gilles de Rais

My collection (for sale and evaluation)

Post by Gilles de Rais » 16 Oct 2018, 12:07

Hi

These are some of the things I have gathered over the time and I wish to dispose of them, as I no longer want them. I never gathered them for their financial value, so I'm not really certain what is their worth. I would appreciate if someone was to tell me their approximate value.

Postage stamps with Adolf Hitler

Very rare. Postage stamp by the unrecognized Repubblica di Mirdita that was situated in today's Northern Albania

German postage stamps from 1923

German postage stamp worth one billion

German WWI Iron Cross Second Class

I have other items as well. I would post them later.

Gilles de Rais

Re: My collection (for sale and evaluation)

Post by Gilles de Rais » 16 Oct 2018, 13:55

German WWII Iron Cross

German Mutterkreuz

German Arbeitsbuch

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 16 Oct 2018, 15:20

Sir,
I assume you're a novice collector..... so I'll try to let you down gently.

Evaluation of what's listed so far:

1939 Iron Cross 2nd cl., appears to have been dipped in paint (pictures are very bad....) but appears original. Value would only be in the $50.00 to $80.00 US range in my opinion.

Gold Mothers Cross w/out ribbon. Very bad enamel chips, few collectors would want a example this bad. Maybe $20.00 US.

Arbeits Book.... looks ok but very common. Worth $25.00 to 40.00 US depending on content.

All the German stamps... Hitler-heads, Inflation, etc. are worth under $1.00 each....

The Mirdita Stamp seems to be worth between $2.00 and 10.00.

The 1914 Iron Cross 2nd Cl. is a modern 3 ring reproduction.... probably worth $10.00/15.00 US.

Sorry for the not so good news, dependiing on what you expected, of course. You should post the items in a different section as this will make them generally unsell-able here.
Good luck.
John G.

Gilles de Rais

Post by Gilles de Rais » 16 Oct 2018, 15:34

Jon,

thanks on your help. I'm not disappointed as I didn't want to make some serious money through this. Just out of interest, how do you know the value of Mirdita stamp? I don't think many examples are available. Also, how did you establish that WWI IC is a replica? I thought it was original.

I'm actually not a real collector. I gathered these things from various relatives through my interest in German history.

John G.

Post by John G. » 16 Oct 2018, 21:47

I just checked "Mirdita" stamps on E-bay and found numerous examples... apparently they were used as postage due stamps as well as regular postage.... there were numerous examples there with a wide variety of prices... but none over $10.00 US.

The 1914 Iron Cross has 3 rings holding the ribbon.... certainly not normal construction, possibly done by someone not familiar with how they were mounted.... and a known reproduction variation. Need better pictures to know is it's 3 piece construction (the Cross itself) and it should be magnetic (the black core)... an edge shot of the frame will also tell alot. If it turns out to be real the, without a ribbon, it's worth around $50.00 or so.
John G.

Gilles de Rais

Post by Gilles de Rais » 17 Oct 2018, 13:37

Thanks a lot on your help and effort. Can you tell me what is the approximate value of various Imperial German banknotes from around 1910? I don't want to photograph them and post them here if they don't have some worth.

John G.

Post by John G. » 17 Oct 2018, 14:53

Most German (or any paper money) has to be crispy mint to be worth much.... Pre-WW 1 German notes with typical wear and age might be worth a couple bucks a note, but often can be had for much less. Depends on condition, denomination, and the exact note.... many international web sites will give you a better idear on values, but don't use their retail value.... as they are often looking to sell to the unknowing. Wholesale is usually about half.
John G.

Das Mike

Post by Das Mike » 21 Oct 2018, 22:34

You say you want to dispose of them. I would too!

Gilles de Rais

Post by Gilles de Rais » 23 Oct 2018, 23:17

Das Mike

What do you want to say?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 14 Nov 2018, 03:51

I think he was being a smart ass ( a little one) bahaha in other words he was sayin yeah, get rid of your items as they are not **primo**

Almost_Samurai

Post by Almost_Samurai » 31 Jan 2019, 17:34

Gilles de Rais wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 12:07
These are some of the things I have gathered over the time and I wish to dispose of them, as I no longer want them.
I would be interested in the Mothers Cross and the German Arbeitsbuch, are these items still available? I am looking to begin a small collection myself. Hard to start off with mint condition authentic pieces unless you've won the lottery. I'm so new to the forum I cannot PM. I would like to make an offer. I am in the U.S., not sure if it would even be worth it depending where you are.

Dharma

Post by Dharma » 19 Mar 2019, 17:29

I am afraid (only as far as the stamps go) that John G. is correct on values. There are so many German stamp forgeries out there (the overstamps in particular) but the Hitler head stamps abound. I collect and agree you can get any of these for $1-$3 US, Take a look at eBay and you will see what I mean. I collect for historical value and pay as if I was simply buying reproductions. That way I don't lose too much money! :-)

vonKarl

Post by vonKarl » 15 Nov 2023, 01:06

Originals should look like this!
Attachments
HIT_011234.jpg

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 15 Nov 2023, 02:08

NSDAP era stamps are all over for sale, cheap... from singles to full sheets, have owned thousands and thousands in my collecting past, I dont even bother with them anymore

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”