Nedinsco as optics manufacturer for Germans

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
Semifinal

Nedinsco as optics manufacturer for Germans

Post by Semifinal » 18 May 2021, 06:59

I once followed an auction where people sold their collectible optics and there was few rangefinders too. I noticed that rangefinders that were manufactured by Nedinsco - which is dutch manufacturer were much more expensive than the ones manufactured by Carl Zeiss. I wonder why’s that? I’ve always thought that Nedinsco manufactured RF’s are less expensive since they are not ”original”.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Nedinsco as optics manufacturer for Germans

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 18 May 2021, 20:37

Yopu mean the final hammered down price was higher than the German ones being offered? If so, thats the nature of auctions, must have been some of those companies collectors bidding the items up

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 18 May 2021, 21:25

Could it be optics produced by the Zeiss owned, Velno based Nedinsco are fewer and harder to come by?
Official company history https://nedinsco.com/en/hi-tech-company ... sco-venlo/

Waleed

Semifinal

Post by Semifinal » 18 May 2021, 23:45

Dont know if they are rarer somehow. Most of them that Ive seen are german made, but that doesn't say anything about the rarity except I personnally havent come by one previously.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”