German SS belt buckle for sale-had on ebay & was taken down

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
richcarrick

Re: German SS belt buckle for sale-had on ebay & was taken d

Post by richcarrick » 05 Nov 2013, 11:11

FYI it was probably removed from eBay because it's illegal to display the swastika in any listing, unless it is obscured

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 05 Nov 2013, 14:00

bronk7 wrote:JG and William have been nothing but super nice/informative/helpful/interesting/etc to me!!!...plus, I trust these forums, more than other websites.....etc etc
Thanks bronk7..... (speaking for myself) I appreciate the "pat on the back".....beats the heck out of a "kick in the rear".....
Your's is certianly one of "my" top 10 " favorite discoveries/identifications since joining the AHF....I hope you're taking "good care" of everything....as I said then, you're a very lucky guy!
Always a pleasure....
John G.

Belten

Post by Belten » 10 May 2014, 04:52

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I daresay the $600 buckle pictured here is a bad fake, of the infamous 'V-chest' variety.

William Kramer

Post by William Kramer » 10 May 2014, 15:06

In my opinion, this is not the diamond-chested fake you refer to.

William Kramer

Belten

Post by Belten » 10 May 2014, 17:51

William Kramer wrote:In my opinion, this is not the diamond-chested fake you refer to.

William Kramer
Well, I only have one SS buckle, and it's an aluminum rather than steel type, so I can't speak with authority on these. That said, the prongs and chest feathers are at least highly suspect on this one, in my opinion. These sharpened-looking prongs are often seen on fakes, and I don't believe they were ever used on any genuine buckles of the period. The way they age fakes is very convincing, but they can't cover up the characteristics with any amount of rust.

John G.

Post by John G. » 14 May 2014, 18:13

The photos aren't really good enough to say with 100% confidence .... I don't see any red flags and don't quite understand your "point" about the prong tips....(many fakes have 45 degree cuts which is a dead give away!)...these look pretty typical but not the best pictures for sure...

It's all a MUTE POINT NOW....old post, poster obviously didn't hear what he or she wanted.... so who cares now!
John G.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”