For Sale: Original Deutschland Erwache Cigarette Book

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
mikaelyev

For Sale: Original Deutschland Erwache Cigarette Book

Post by mikaelyev » 01 Feb 2015, 14:16

Original Deutschland Erwache 1933 Parpaganda Book for sale.

Pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/xUqgT

I Inherited this book, but I'm not interested in keeping it. I figured you guys might want it?

Based on my limited research, I've determined that this is some kind of famous "cigarette picture book", made by the NSDAP in collaboration with the Cigarette Picture Service in Hamburg. By way of background, these books were originally issued as blank albums. When cigarettes were purchased, a customer could find a coupon in the fag pack that could be exchanged for pictures to be mounted into the album.

This edition is complete but for one photograph on Page 43 (Picture #42). In the back of the book there is a large 48" panoramic fold-out picture that shows a "consecration of the standards" at the Nuremberg Party Rally of 1933. The book is in worn condition, as you can see from the photos.

FYI this is a Colour version, containing several colour inserts amongst the standard Black and White photographs. It has about 150 pages with pictures ranging in size form 3 x 5ins, 5 x 3ins, 6.5ins x 5ins and several large, full-page pictures.

These books were originally issued with strictly black-and-white pictures and then later it was issued with colour prints. It measures 12 ½ x 9 ½ inches and is about an inch thick with an orange outer cover embossed with a swastika, oak leaves, and a gold gilt 'SA' bust with kepi hat.

Accepting offers, either PMed or here. Happy to post more photos as well. As the requirements state that I need to include a price, I'm hoping to get £500 for this. I'm no expert!

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111588793330? ... 1555.l2649

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: For Sale: Original Deutschland Erwache Cigarette Book

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 01 Feb 2015, 18:37

:roll: Good luck with the price wanted my fellow AHF member

mikaelyev

Re: For Sale: Original Deutschland Erwache Cigarette Book

Post by mikaelyev » 02 Feb 2015, 18:25

I've just seen other versions of this book advertised on the forum...

Looks like I need a price drop. I can't update the top post... but I'd be willing to sell for a lot less.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”