Eastern front Soldbuch grouping for sale

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
freight

Eastern front Soldbuch grouping for sale

Post by freight » 26 Jun 2019, 23:57

I am strapped for cash so I’m letting go of anything that doesn’t pertain to the battle of berlin.

Large grouping to Richard Sopora, a coal miner in Gelsenkirchen. Richard would fight the entirety of the war on the eastern front. First with the 253. Infanterie-Division, and later with the 356. Infanterie-Division. Richard was promoted to Unteroffizier in 1945. Both division saw nearly constant combat for the entirety of their deployment and Richard was undoubtedly a seasoned combat veteran(as his soldbuch, very worn, shows). Eventually his luck ran out, or maybe he was truly lucky, as he was wounded in the final days of the war and would end his service in a hospital bed.

Admittedly I simply haven’t had the time to research this thoroughly. The Soldbuch is extremely well filled out and included are letters, his Bergmannsbuch, some photos, his birth certificate, his parents birth certificate, various other documents including a postwar travel pass for a woman I assume to be his wife? The small journal is attributed to another man, so I am not sure how it relates to Richard, but I recurved it this way and am keeping it together. Perhaps they were friends or have some other connection.

Price is 225USD shipped worldwide.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”