- Posts: 4095
- Joined: 31 Oct 2005 09:12
- Location: Austria
I just stumpled about this alleged original backside of an envelope from the Warsaw Ghetto.
There are several things I don´t like:
1. The different "r" in the name "Margolin" and the city name "Warschau".
2. The use of an "I" instead the number "1" at the house number.
3. The information/address "Warschau/Deutschland = Warsaw/Germany" as to my knowledge it never was located in Germay and sure not during WWII; and even when this information would be correct, the writer would have rather used "Deutsches Reich = German Reich" instead.
4. The script of the stamps in black inkand their hot off the press/top fresh appearance while the stamp in red is absolute illegible and blurred.
Your thoughts, please.
Thanks in advance,